U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-07-2011, 12:24 PM

11 posts, read 14,956 times

Advertisements

I'll be working in North Richland Hills and I am looking to rent where single woman live in the area will be safe, close to transportation (I have a car but like the option of being able to travel by bus or rail), where shopping is convenient. A night life would be night but I could do without it. I don't have any children or pets so school district and dog walking parks are not an issue.

I want suburban and quiet with city conveniences. Any suggestions will be helpful.

Last edited by tiere40; 01-07-2011 at 01:44 PM..
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2011, 06:24 AM

Wow all you had ta say was don't move to Texas. ROFL

Can some one fill me in a locator has pointed me in the direction of HEB and Irving....so what the difference between the two?

Old 01-11-2011, 09:20 AM

394 posts, read 1,145,953 times
Your options for public transportation in the HEB area are pretty slim. None, actually. Everything about your criteria tells me that you would be better off in Fort Worth. As far as I know, you will need to drive everywhere if you live in Hurst, Euless or Bedford. I live in Bedford, work in Arlington, and the only public transit (bus) I have ever seen was in Fort Worth. I used it when I was on jury duty this past year. There is a rail station in HEB, but even it is in a pretty remote area - off the beaten path. IMO HEB is just a boring suburban area, but a decent place to raise a family, which isn't a criterion for you. I have read that the area of FT Worth near and around TCU is a nice place for single folk. Good luck.

-Eric

Last edited by Eric S; 01-11-2011 at 09:29 AM..

Old 01-11-2011, 11:30 AM

32,624 posts, read 51,219,092 times
agree with Eric--the MidCities does not have "public transportation" in the way that many cities back east or even parts of San Antonio or city like Atlanta does
FTW has bus system but most people prefer to use their own cars for work and going to entertainment--the schedules are not that great and ease of access depends on where you start from and where you want to go--
Dallas has much better public transportation--with buses and trams and it is widening its service area to Carrollton and Plano and Garland but working in NRHills and living in Dallas is not really workable

the area that is opening off Hwy 26 in NRHills by Canon and 26 has apts over retail space might interest you--several small fast-food type restaurants/Kroger store in strip mall==there is city library close and couple of parks/jogging and bike trails
area is safe but noisy

the brownstones in Southlake are really what you want but they are probably too expensive and a little to far for distance to work
living in FTW say the So7 area and working in NRHills would mean a drive of maybe 20 min each way to/from work but you could be close to nifty night life with other young people and think that area of FTW is fairly safe since its gentrification

Old 01-14-2011, 07:45 AM

Thanks guys. I really appreciate your feedback
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth