Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2011, 10:28 AM

30 posts, read 93,726 times

Advertisements

Hi All! Hubby considering job north fort worth (commerce/2nd st) wondering where we might want to live. If we are looking in the north fort worth area, can anyone tell me how the heritage area compares with say bedford/euless/north richland hills? (and how those compare with eachother)? I guess any advice about what areas we might want to consider (family with young kids) would be appreciated. I had posted before and heard some good things about heritage which we will definitely consider. Just wondering if there are other areas we should also consider in the area. Thank you!

Last edited by justducky; 01-16-2011 at 10:39 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2011, 11:11 AM

11,853 posts, read 26,854,435 times
What is your budget for housing? Renting or buying?

Take Euless and Bedford off your list for several reasons:
1. The commute to downtown from those cities is much further than from Heritage or NRH
2. These cities do not have the amenities (parks, community centers, etc.) that the others offer.
3. Housing in these cities is either much older, or (in Euless), new construction is near DFW Airport, which is even further away from downtown Fort Worth.

Your budget will be the big factor whether to choose NRH or Heritage.

Old 01-16-2011, 06:15 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,832,630 times
The commute from Bedford to Downtown FTW CAN be shorter than from NRHills and probably is from most any Bedford location since Bedford lies right off 121--a straight shot into FTW--and NRHills is NOT on 121--
in fact some parts of NRHills are fairly far north and could take 15 min to get to 121

Euless is further east of Bedford but Heritage has to take as long as Euless--
I-35 is horrible commute and I imagine it take at least 30 min each way from the posts I have read and Euless would be about that much (depending on where you start)

There are parks and community centers in Euless and Bedford--great youth sports for boys or girls
either one could be a viable choice for anyone moving into this area--

some people think a "master planned" community is the end all/be all for house choice--frankly from the times I have driven through there, it makes me think of the song from the 60s about "little houses"
and I think that many neighborhoods in Bedford and Euless have held their home prices as well or better than Heritage

the OP's price point is under 200--well under from one of her posts
that might be difficult to do and stay north of the Airport Frwy--were the better neighborhoods are

what she should do is get a good MLS site and start looking at homes in her size/price range in the areas she has discussed--
but she should understand that Heritage is a large subdivison in Fort Worth city limits--it is not a town like Bedford or Euless or NRHills--
there are +/- to any choice but to me one positive would be NOT living in FTW city limits--I don't think the city council in FTW is responsive to citizens like Euless or Bedford or Hurst councils are--I don't think you have as much imput if you are unhappy with how things are happening in your town

Old 01-16-2011, 06:24 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,155,879 times
Personally, Euless & Bedford is one of my favorite areas with trees, hills & a good location with many nice homes built in the 80's and some newer. Heritage is good if you want a newer less then 10 year old home.

You should drive and visit both areas. You should also consider everything in between, as mentioned above so much depends on your price range.

Old 01-16-2011, 08:00 PM

11,853 posts, read 26,854,435 times
I didn't realize her budget was so low. That will most likely eliminate Heritage from consideration, and also most places north of 183. Be careful about South Euless; the neighborhoods there can be rough.

She might consider Hurst, too. The part south of 183, which is older, is being focused on by the city for revitaliization. Some of the homes near NE Mall (off Cheryl Drive) are really cute and well-kept.

Old 01-18-2011, 09:23 PM

425 posts, read 995,276 times
I can't give you any input on Hurst, Euless, Bedford or NRH, as I haven't lived in any of those areas.

However, I do live in Heritage, and wanted to correct those who believe that you can't buy a house in Heritage for under $200k... I live in the Trinity section of Heritage, and there is a lovely home for sale on my street for under $160k. It's 2 years old; 4 bedrooms plus game room; 2500+ sf. There are other homes in the neighborhood for sale, but I don't know their price - I just know the price on this one as my son's friend used to live in the house.

Good luck with your move!

Old 01-19-2011, 01:19 PM

3,041 posts, read 11,883,491 times
^
yes I was going to post the same. Trinity has homes for under 200k. NOW...you can't build a new house in Heritage for under 200k (although Trinity has it posted at 198k) but re-sale yes!
And nothing is very old in Heritage.

Old 01-19-2011, 10:58 PM

20 posts, read 56,165 times
I've been looking around the area west of 377 and Heritage is on my radar. There are lots of houses priced below 200,000 if you stay away from the Bluffs. Just bear in mind that Heritage is not true Keller.

Old 01-20-2011, 04:31 PM

thanks all I appreciate it! and yes I have already looked at what's on the market and there is plenty all around in our price range. we are investors and own several houses and even for our primary residence don't see any reason to spend more than $200K in the current market (we buy bank owned properties). after living in california for so many years originally we have enjoyed spending our money on things other than a big mortgage, since living in other places in the country, currently Tulsa-hopefully soon to be fort worth!

Last edited by justducky; 01-20-2011 at 04:42 PM..

Old 01-20-2011, 04:40 PM

Next time we are in town I will definitely explore a bit more, I'm wondering about other areas mainly because although hubby's job would be in N.Fort Worth there are no Montessori schools there-there is one in south fort worth and two in southlake. so i was wondering about moving to something that would be closer to kiddos schools, something that might be between the school and his job. but since we will be moving towards the end of the school year I'm toying with the idea of trying the local neighborhood public school for that last 2 months of the school year since everyone is saying such great things about them (e.g. heritage neighborhood schools) and if we like it great then they could continue there in the fall and if we didn't like it thenwe could get them signed up at one of the montessori's for the fall.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth