Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2011, 03:54 PM

20 posts, read 55,833 times

Advertisements

I am not having much luck googling up anything on Briarwyck in Roanoke other than the information on the Meritage website. Has anyone done a comparison of the Briarwyck and Seventeen Lakes community? The only thing I have been able to gather so far is that Briarwyck seems to be exclusively Meritage and Seventeen Lakes has both Drees and Sandlin homes. I have visited Seventeen Lakes and like the rolling terrain I can see from the community. The houses in Seventeen Lakes do not seem to use swing garages (at least the Drees homes don't). Any comparative information would be useful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2011, 04:54 PM

33 posts, read 85,438 times
The types of houses being built in Briarwyck and Seventeen Lakes are at similar price points and finishes I believe. The major difference between the two subdivisions is that Briarwyck is within the city limits of Roanoke and Seventeen Lakes is in Ft Worth. We did not want to live in Ft Worth, so we chose to build in Briarwyck. Tax rates are also lower in Briarwyck.

Old 01-20-2011, 04:59 PM

277 posts, read 693,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by formerny'er View Post
The types of houses being built in Briarwyck and Seventeen Lakes are at similar price points and finishes I believe. The major difference between the two subdivisions is that Briarwyck is within the city limits of Roanoke and Seventeen Lakes is in Ft Worth. We did not want to live in Ft Worth, so we chose to build in Briarwyck. Tax rates are also lower in Briarwyck.
Just curious... other than lower tax rates why did you not want to live in Fort Worth?

Old 01-20-2011, 05:07 PM

We had lived in North Ft Worth for several years before moving to Briarwyck. There are no amenites provided by the city for the residents of North Ft Worth, ie no libraries, public pools and few parks. I don't see that changing any time soon with Ft Worth's current budget issues. Also public safety was a concern. There is limited police presence in North Ft Worth and response times are not the best, Ft Worth is attempting to address that issue.

Old 01-20-2011, 05:17 PM

The properties listed in MLS for Seventeen Lakes show Denton County. So I guess it must be possible to be located in Ft Worth and still pay taxes to Denton rather than Tarrant.

Old 01-21-2011, 08:36 AM

It is, Ft Worth is actually reaches into 3 counties I believe, Tarrant, Denton and Wise. If you are in Denton county and in Ft Worth you will have lower taxes than if you were in Tarrant.

Old 01-21-2011, 10:41 AM

Thanks fomerny'er. I think I'll go check out Briarwyck this weekend. I understand the whole FW mentality. I think it is not unique to FW but any larger city that is strapped for funds. For me, I love living in the cultural district but things have changed with kids.

Old 01-21-2011, 11:49 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,517,935 times
FTW wanted to extend its city limits to gain tax revenues when the tract developments were going in--however it chose NOT to do much with the surface streets in the area, with adding another fire station or police station to serve the needs of those citizens---

even if other cities MIGHT be doing the same thing--that does not mean it shows civic spirit on the part of the city council or the depts/city leaders that push for additional development from third parties and fail to hold up FTW's end of the stick...

FTW would not be in such a hole now if it actually considered how it can COST the city money to enlarge the city limits

Old 01-21-2011, 12:56 PM

277 posts, read 693,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkon View Post
The properties listed in MLS for Seventeen Lakes show Denton County. So I guess it must be possible to be located in Ft Worth and still pay taxes to Denton rather than Tarrant.
It is... The Texas Motor Speedway is in the Fort Worth City Limits and it is in Denton County. Next time there's a race on TV notice that painted on the walls of the track it says FORT WORTH - DENTON COUNTY... FW city limits bleed over to the west into Parker County too and reaches all the way east to the Dallas county line near the south end of DFW airport (where the new Rick's Cabaret is opening that has been all over the news )

Old 01-22-2011, 11:06 AM

3,041 posts, read 11,844,181 times
Quote:
however it chose NOT to do much with the surface streets in the area
UGGG! my biggest complaint over in that are is the streets are a mess!
And Traffic keeps getting worse as they build more neighborhoods etc... but they still have old 2 lane country roads full of pot holes etc...

It's not as bad up near Roanoak as it is in the KISD portion of Ft Worth...but give it time that area is growing fast now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth