Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-17-2011, 09:37 PM

38 posts, read 170,418 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone,

I am hoping to find information on the fort worth area. My roommate and I are visiting Dallas soon and want the opportunity to quickly see Fort Worth areas as well. Can anyone suggest the best (non college crowd) young professional bars/nightclubs and the best (classier) areas to explore and people watch?

Thanks so much for any suggestions!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2011, 10:12 PM

2,714 posts, read 4,262,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerricaAnna View Post
Hi everyone,

I am hoping to find information on the fort worth area. My roommate and I are visiting Dallas soon and want the opportunity to quickly see Fort Worth areas as well. Can anyone suggest the best (non college crowd) young professional bars/nightclubs and the best (classier) areas to explore and people watch?

Thanks so much for any suggestions!
Sundance square

Old 02-18-2011, 07:33 AM

11,816 posts, read 26,650,028 times
Definitely downtown in Sundance Square. For people watching, it's really hard to beat Pete's Dueling Piano Bar Pete's Dueling Piano Bar: Austin, Dallas, Fort Worth, Houston, and Las Vegas

Old 02-18-2011, 07:58 AM

6,952 posts, read 22,597,783 times
Fusion on Berry Street near TCU has college crowd over 21 (they card) and up to 30's. It s hookah lounge with a DJ on weekends, occasionally live bands. They don't sell alcohol, dk if you can byob. Just know they are very crowded on weekends.

Old 02-18-2011, 08:28 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,474,655 times
check out the area along So7 across the river from downtown FTW--very busy--
Movie Tavern cinema, restaurants/bars-- seems to get lot of action from people on way home from work as well as college kids
the old Montgomery Ward warehouse has been gentrified into condos on top and retail below--other places started showing up in that general area--now revitalized and taking on life of its own separate from Sundance

there are some great restaurants north of downtown in Stockyards Historical area as well
some places with live music--but most of them are distincly playing into the "West" theme

Old 02-18-2011, 08:47 AM

38 posts, read 170,418 times
Thank you all so much! I really appreciate it!

Old 02-18-2011, 09:41 PM

143 posts, read 318,685 times
Glass Cactus - Gaylord Texan, Grapevine,TX.

Scat Jazz Lounge - Downtown Fort Worth.

Museums near downtown Fort Worth, they usually have something going on at night, if you are into that.

Comedy Clubs - Hyena's (Stand-up comedy); Four Day Weekend (Role-Playing comedy). In downtown Fort Worth.

Come to Fort Worth, less driving, park your car, free on night/weekends, and walk around, in Dallas, everything is so distant from another.

Old 02-19-2011, 11:10 AM

211 posts, read 492,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenvbtx View Post
Come to Fort Worth, less driving, park your car, free on night/weekends, and walk around, in Dallas, everything is so distant from another.
I was in the new So7/Crockett St. area last night, and I felt like I was in another city! So many young professional people walking up and down the sidewalks. Of course, it was a beautiful night, and all the restaurants had their patios opened and they were packed. I was at Hacienda San Miguel. Right next door is Patrizio's. Right across the street is Fireside Pies. Next to that is Tillman's. Down at the end of the block are Bailey's and Brownstone. In the other direction is Terra Mediterranean and Delaney's Irish Pub.

I've got to believe that this area is taking the desirable crowd away from Sundance Square. But maybe not...hopefully there's enough money and people to go around!

I love Fort Worth!

Old 02-19-2011, 08:31 PM

143 posts, read 318,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvsFW View Post
I've got to believe that this area is taking the desirable crowd away from Sundance Square. But maybe not...hopefully there's enough money and people to go around!
I'm kind of excited too. I don't think the crowd will leave Sundance Square, we just have more options. I still like it, the atmosphere, so many things to do. A website I just found after reading the FW weekly, Worth Going.

(off topic) Before the recession hit, we had so many cranes in/around downtown. We could have had an ski resort (Bearfire Resort) nearby, didn't happen due to financing. I wish we got that, it would've be interesting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth