Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2011, 07:39 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,878,910 times

Advertisements

you can also Google the general area--like Trophy Club or Flower Mound and when the map comes up
click it and then search for "homes for rent" or "rental home"

you will get blips all over the map--
there are sites for those blips--and Google screen that has general parameters for screening
realtor.com does not come up lot lots of others do
some of them might have ones you would want to check out

I found the realtor site I mentioned--will PM it to you and also couple more
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2011, 10:01 AM

473 posts, read 1,199,974 times
If you are going to stay 3 years its good to RENT than BUY.
On your comment on cluster, if it was true, there will be clusters all over DFW in Fort Worth, Coppell, Grapevine, Arlington, Colleyville and now Southlake..just to name a few as well as in large populated cities with high traffic/ automotive cars or industrial emissions. You have to dig deeper to also find from internet reports from testing agencies that its not true. FM has one of the toughest ordinances and 2 to 3 times setbacks than most cities and is further strengthening them.
DFW real estate market is very stable compared to most places in US. However the number of houses on sale and DOM have gone up in all area across DFW due to the overall economy and tight credit controls. There are 49 houses on sale in my SD (it has 2300 homes), almost same as last year. While there hasn't been a big fall in the property prices you might see a 2.5 to 10% drop depending on the price of the house and urgency to sell. Higher the price, larger is the drop but its still much better than other places in US. Exceptions are everywhere across DFW and US.

Old 03-02-2011, 09:10 AM

24,578 posts, read 10,884,023 times
We made an unexpected long-distance move to the Alliance area in January. We had our wants, needs and budget outlined and worked with a local broker. My issue - city water/sever/natural gas/single story/at least 1/2 acre. He listened and showed 12 houses first on-line then during our one shopping day. Two houses were "I love it, have to see it but too big" and he humored me by showing them. I would not have dared to make the offer we ended up making after five hours of looking at houses. BTW - we bought the first house he showed us:>) Appraisal came in 10% above purchase price. We have made some major modifications such as patio space, indoor/outdoor tile, built-ins, ... he was a source of very useful information and contacts after the sale.
New construction around us is going up like crazy including commercial such as shopping, an elementary school ...
Better Half has seven miles to work and that on two-lane back roads.

Old 03-02-2011, 09:33 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,878,910 times
interested if any of the houses were new construction from builder or buying from owner and if any were pre-foreclosure?

I drive to that area for Sam Moon and couple of other stores and most of it is just so blank except for the construction--real prairie starts out that way--
did the lack of any native tree stands out that way bother you--area is pretty flat and featureless
It does not appeal to me that much vs land to the east where there are stands of native trees and more elevation changes

Old 03-02-2011, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
interested if any of the houses were new construction from builder or buying from owner and if any were pre-foreclosure?

I drive to that area for Sam Moon and couple of other stores and most of it is just so blank except for the construction--real prairie starts out that way--
did the lack of any native tree stands out that way bother you--area is pretty flat and featureless
It does not appeal to me that much vs land to the east where there are stands of native trees and more elevation changes

Foreclosures are an option if you know the market and can loose the money. No thank you:>)

It gives a new meaning to the AFLAC slogan - so flaaat... I have 1/2 acre of clean slate to build my garden on. It will be somewhat of a challenge as we brought several 10-10 year old potted real Japanese Maple cultivars with us. Pergolas will be their homes until we move into our last home.

Unfortunately we lost our furry friend of 16 years in November and we miss her dearly. As Better Half will not have prairie dogs (after telling me blooming weeds are just prairie flowers) - I am seriously looking for tortoise baby kittens. If the mother needs a new home she can come too.

Old 03-02-2011, 11:17 AM

54 posts, read 152,899 times
Ooooooooo, you want torties? You know they rule the roost, wherever they are.

Old 03-02-2011, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cymbyz View Post
Ooooooooo, you want torties? You know they rule the roost, wherever they are.
OT - We always had torties. Better Half claims they go with my hair color of the day. Ha:>) He is in love with anything furry and feline.
We are seriously in need of furries! Two or three babies; potentially mama.

Old 03-07-2011, 06:16 AM

3,041 posts, read 11,889,306 times
Quote:
several 10-10 year old potted real Japanese Maple cultivars with us.
WATER WATER WATER...until very established here.(and find a place that get some shade. We had 2 lost one it's first year in the ground. They do NOT like the all day full sun and dry soil here. Very slow growers here,( in PA our grew at least 1ft per year)

It's like I see all the dogwood trees for sale right now at lowes etc... This is the worst climate for them. They are a forest tree, like shade and moist loamy soil!!

Plant crape mertyles...they love the sun and clay soil!

Old 03-09-2011, 08:46 AM

121 posts, read 404,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmackimmie View Post
Thank you for your replies! I have one more question--we're wondering if it is possible to rent a nice home in any of the areas you've all mentioned? Seems like there are many homes for sale but we had some difficulty identifying homes for rent. We've discussed putting off buying for a year or so just to make sure that we've made the right decision wherever we end up living. Also my husband's job may just be a 3 year thing and if that's the case it doesn't make sense to buy. Anyone have insight?
Trophy Club has some homes for rent and the community is small and the schools are excellent. It is a very small town, but only minutes from shopping. We love Trophy Club. People who move here don't generally ever leave. There are many community activities, churches, and nice people. It is also transient, because big business people come and then later have to be relocated. Love it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth