Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-26-2007, 04:08 PM

4 posts, read 15,261 times

Advertisements

Im a looking to relocate to the Ft worth area and I found a home in grandbury in the canyon creek II subdivision on christine drive. Is the area nice? The builder is C & E Custom Builder is he a reputable builder? It has a HoA with a pool and a boat ramp. what type of boats do they allow?
Thanks for your help
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2007, 05:06 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,524,542 times
why don't you call the realtor and ask for more information about the HOA assoc--not familiar with the builder at all...

Old 07-26-2007, 05:07 PM

4,610 posts, read 11,075,109 times
Hi, I live lakefront in Granbury. I've lived here for almost 3 years. I have never heard of Canyon Creek. I know of several subdivisions though:

Bentwater
The Peninsula
Mallard Point
Harbor Lakes
Catalina Bay
Pecan Plantation
Decordova
Indian Harbor
Timber Cove

We have a Pontoon boat but you can have pretty much any kind of boat you want. The only boat I haven't seen here is a Sail boat. I've even know of a beautiful boat that probably cost at least $100,000 or more (my husband thinks it is pushing $200,000). It's stunning (painted with the American Flag) (they live in my subdivision). So come have fun. It's all here, Motor boats, kayaks, jet skies, paddle boats, everything. Big and small.

Last edited by Roma; 07-26-2007 at 05:19 PM..

Old 07-27-2007, 09:42 AM

5 posts, read 33,787 times
Default Granbury - Canyon Creek

I am familiar with that subdivision. I lived in that area about 13 years. I now live in north Hood county. (The same county.)

Canyon Creek has pockets of "niceness" and then areas that you might not want to live. I know several people that live in there and they care about their property, have respect for other people, watch out for each other, etc.

I also know some people that live in there that would steal your boat off your truck.

That being said, I would live there and would trust the safety of my family, but might not prefer it.

This is one of those sub-divisions that was created along with the lake years ago. It was to be the great new thing. Unfortunately, the low standard held by the HOA allowed it to fall into dis-repair. They are trying to bring it back with some nice new homes, etc and a stricter HOA. However, the roads are falling apart and I am not sure if they will ever really come back.

I am not sure about the condition of the pool, but the last I saw it was an older one and a little small. It should not be the reason you move there! The days of HOA pools are going away.

The divisions listed in Roma's email are the more up-scale areas so you will expect the housing costs to be significantly different. There are many smaller, less up-scale neighborhoods in Granbury but have nice lawns, etc.

I recommend a realtor called Albert Land. ( No, I don't have any real connection to him. I work for a website hosting company and I have helped his secretary with her email, etc. ) I see his signs in neighborhoods that are a little "up" from Canyon Creek and newer. Yet, not as up-scale as those others mentioned. He seems willing to show you whatever you need. He's one of those smaller, independent agents/brokers

Though, I looked on his website, and found a 1794 sq. ft. "new" house at 2904 Meandering Way 76049 $149,900. That is either in Mallard Point or Bent Water and is on the North/FW side

You should think of drive time. If you work in FW or beyond, you really should consider locating on the North/Fort Worth side of Granbury. Though, you will obviously pay a little premium for that.

Canyon Creek will almost double your drive time to South FW vs. a FW side home, once you consider Granbury's growing traffic.

Hope this has given you food for thought.

Old 07-27-2007, 12:11 PM

4,610 posts, read 11,075,109 times
I just want to clarify something here. The house that the poster ashemha recommended is NOT in Mallard Point or Bentwater. It is in the Meander Estates. Meander Estates are homes on smaller lots, mass produced and in the $100,000 range (what someone might call a "starter home"). They are not on the lake nor do they have a boat dock/marina. It is next to Bentwater and Mallard Point. It is also on the Fort Worth side of Granbury, which is good. There is a golf course across the way from it.

Harryb63, I read in another post of yours that you have around $100,000 to buy a home. The problem you are going to find is that $100,000 is not much money, even in Texas. Sure, you can find a home in that range but you will be looking at the "not so nice locations or areas". So just keep that in mind.
You might find the home of your dreams though or just be as happy as a clam with your new home purchase. So good luck.

Last edited by Roma; 07-27-2007 at 12:49 PM..

Old 08-09-2007, 09:55 AM

2 posts, read 13,218 times
Actually, although it is true that this is Meander Estates subdivision, you are off base with the prices. I just bought a brand new home in Meander Estates (closing in September). It is one of the lesser priced homes on the street and it cost 160k. Then, they range up to 250k. So, for a 5 year old division that started at around 100k to 120k, they are growing quickly to a higher dollar community along with most areas in Granbury, thanks to people from the coasts moving in and jacking up the prices of real estate.

100k is not going to get much home in Granbury, unless you are willing to look at a much older house, say 50 + years old or more. Or else you're talking doublewide.

Old 08-09-2007, 10:14 AM

2 posts, read 13,218 times
By the way, I forgot to mention, these are not "mass produced" homes either. They are custom home built by multiple builders in Meander Estates.
Although you can sort of tell different styles built by different builders.
Also, the property sizes are getting bigger. The place I just bought is 1/3 of an acre. That's a sizable lot.

There are allot of families with kids, and, the most irritating thing are people parking their vehicles in the driveway. It really cheapens a neighborhood when people use their garage as storage and park the vehicles outside. Part of this is due to the straight shot driveways to the garage. Nicer neighborhoods have the driveway sweeping around the back. But it's tolerable I guess. I don't plan to hang out in the front yard anyway.

Old 07-27-2013, 12:06 PM

1 posts, read 2,631 times
Default Areas without homeowners association

Are there any homes on the waterfront in the 200-300K range that are not in a homeowners association? We've been in a homeowners association for the last 10 yrs and I'd rather be without one or least have reasonable fees. Ed
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth