U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-01-2011, 09:00 PM

12 posts, read 35,548 times

Advertisements

hey all,
how are you doing? so my wife and i are moving to fort worth as soon as we sell our house here in portland,or. which we hope will be soon. we were out in the fort worth area a couple of weeks ago. we just loved it. i got a job offer and i took it. i have to say we had never been to the area before. so all you people looking at the dallas/fort worth area i`ll just give my two cents. the people were nice everywhere we went. its funny the conflict between people in dallas and the people in fort worth. i guess the easy way to sum it up for me is dallas has the bling and upitty attitude and fort worth is very home town and casual. even though downtown fort worth is a city it has a very small town feel to it. the people in fort worth were the nicest people i`ve ever meet. the city was great as well as the burbs. we went to the flying saucer and than sat out and listened to music at 8.0 bar. like i said we are really looking forward to living there. the city has such a great vibe to it and is so alive. to all you people reading this that live in fort worth i want to say thank you for being so nice. you all make it easy to love your city which one day i hope to call home. by the way we stayed at ettas place one night downtown. if you get a chance stay. the people that own the bed and breakfest are wonderful. she is a great cook too. sorry i am so long just wanted to say thank you fort worth.
dave
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2011, 07:55 AM

211 posts, read 470,943 times
Thank you for your comments and welcome to Fort Worth! I'm so glad you discovered Etta's Place! It is just great, isn't it? I've stayed there several times (even though I live in FW) just for a fun overnight get-away. It's wonderful and right in the heart of Sundance Square.

Where do you think you'll be looking for a home?

Old 04-02-2011, 12:56 PM

8 posts, read 15,338 times
Default Fort Worth Rocks!

I LOVE FW! I moved out here (to Keller, a suburb just east about 15 minutes outside of downtown) about 3 years ago after living in NY for 10 years. You really just cannot beat the local atmosphere and the downtown area is safe, beautiful, and fun!

I love 8.0's !

Do you remember the name of the band you saw play at 8.0's?There is a really great 80's band called the Spazmatics that play there fairly regularly, they put on a FUN show that covers all parts of 1980's music from Journey to Madonna and every one-hit-wonder in between! And they will make you laugh, too! The school systems around here are fabulous, and the job/housing market have remained much more stable than many other areas of the country! I also love the small town, casual feel of the Fort Worth side of the Metroplex, you hit that right on the head.

I truly hope you find your way here soon, because as the bumper stickers I've seen around here read, "I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as fast as I could!" It is really a great area! Welcome to TX!

Moderator cut: not allowed

Last edited by SouthernBelleInUtah; 04-03-2011 at 07:41 PM..

Old 04-02-2011, 06:43 PM

12 posts, read 35,548 times
not sure where we will look to live i think we will rent for awhile. i just want to get to texas just like that bumper sticker says. thanks again.
dave
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth