Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-13-2011, 01:55 AM

160 posts, read 432,074 times

Advertisements

Hello....

My kids are bilingual fluent Spanish and English and we plan to be moving to the DFW metroplex within 3 years. Both enjoy youth sports such as soccer. When we move back they will be 10 and 12.

Which school district / city of residence would be recommended for bilingual education, Spanish Club, foreign language and cultural opportunities, etc ?

Also "kid/family friendly" is important. I don't want to live in a "higher than thou" neighborhood just because it has good schools (re: Southlake ?).

We are focusing on the following cities to reside in:

Grapevine
Colleyville
Southlake
Keller - NOTE: Keller while supposedly a "top place to live" in various magazines, seems crowded and has some riff-raff flowover from Ft Worth. Also has too many McMansions. All just my opinion.....

Probably will lean towards existing homes/established neighborhoods.

My office will be near 377/Alliance Gateway (170) area.

Thank You
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2011, 05:04 AM

11,853 posts, read 26,861,548 times
You have a couple of replies over on the Dallas board.

Old 04-13-2011, 04:12 PM

121 posts, read 404,243 times
Roanoke Elementary has a wonderful bilingual program. Roanoke, TX is just off 170 and 114. Go check it out for yourself. Hope you find what you are looking for.

Old 04-13-2011, 09:32 PM

690 posts, read 1,728,811 times
All these communities on your list are exceptional in education and adequate with multiple sport facilities that may suffice your family necessities. Each community has different family oriented neighborhoods to meet your budget requirements. Please don’t refer to a magazine to hinder your decision about a community or its residences. The riff-raff per say uncouth and mcmansions can be encountered in any state within America. You will find the young adults in our community are very well educated and respectful regardless of appearances. You may have a change of perception of the people and the communities once you experience living here yourself.
Good Luck to you in your search.

P.S.
Trophy Club and West side of Flower Mound may be additional communities to consider adding to your list.

Last edited by RockyJoe817; 04-13-2011 at 09:33 PM.. Reason: grammer

Old 04-15-2011, 09:46 AM

295 posts, read 949,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by billpritjr View Post
Grapevine
Colleyville
Southlake
Keller - NOTE: Keller while supposedly a "top place to live" in various magazines, seems crowded and has some riff-raff flowover from Ft Worth. Also has too many McMansions. All just my opinion.....

Thank You
in that area you might also want to consider Trophy Club and Roanoke, just some thoughts. Keller is OK. I'm in the FT Worth flowover and while I hate having to pay taxes for a city that "doesn't show it", I'm ok with having my kids in KISD. Take that away and I'll be moving.

That said, I think Colleyville and Southlake actually have more mansions than Keller. The big difference between these is that Keller is actually more affordable than those two.

I don't know of many bilingual offerings in Keller... you might end up having to look at private schooling for something like that?

Old 04-15-2011, 04:49 PM

3,041 posts, read 11,885,186 times
AS posted in the Dallas thread...

Keller iSD has 5 bilingual schools. Caprock, North Riverside Elementary, Whitley Road Elementary and Trinity Meadows Intermediate (all spanish)
Parkview Elementary is also a Vietnamese bilingual campus

Here a good linkl ofr those who want to know more... Campus Spotlight: Caprock Elementary

Old 08-03-2011, 12:45 AM

2 posts, read 3,491 times
Wink Moving to the DFW metroplex within 3 years.

Where are you moving from?

Honestly I have felt that Dallas is more friendlier than the areas you are mentioning. But Dallas is far from the area you will be working at. Perhaps you can also check Las Colinas in Irving(30 min), Flower Mound (30 min)

The places you are talking about are suburbs and life is very different from cities! It is great to raise kids but the atmosphere and pace is so much different than big cosmopolitan cities. Is this what you are looking for?

For fully bilingual(k-12), cultural focused,foreign languages I would recomment Westlake academy. The school has a private school atmosphere even though it is a charter school. They are tops in the IB program and have a great diversity of students. The school has a lot of prestige and has a great state recognition.
Home Page

You would need to live in Westlake or Trophy club to be able to be in this school,(check the boundary ares with a realtor before buying). If you don't live in their boundary areas then the only other option is to enter their lottery process and there's usually a long waiting list and it is not assured that you will be chosen. The school is close to (170 Alliance gateway). Keller ISD also has bilingual programs pk-5th grade; foreign other than spanish begins in HS, I think.

I like the North of Ft Worth ; I specifically like the Heritage community between the borderline of Keller & FT Worth
Hillwood Residential | Heritage | Keller, TX | Home

They still have lots available for new houses or you may buy a pre owned. The community has convenience stores, medical,dance,lab,eye dr,vet,ob/gyn ect all inside the neighborhood and the children attend keller ISD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by billpritjr View Post
Hello....

My kids are bilingual fluent Spanish and English and we plan to be moving to the DFW metroplex within 3 years. Both enjoy youth sports such as soccer. When we move back they will be 10 and 12.

Which school district / city of residence would be recommended for bilingual education, Spanish Club, foreign language and cultural opportunities, etc ?

Also "kid/family friendly" is important. I don't want to live in a "higher than thou" neighborhood just because it has good schools (re: Southlake ?).

We are focusing on the following cities to reside in:

Grapevine
Colleyville
Southlake

Thank You
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth