Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2010, 12:26 PM

40 posts, read 125,402 times

Advertisements

I'm looking at moving to fort worth. I'm 30, single, and have a two year old. I'll be working in white settlement and am wondering about where to live. I think Keller looks like a great place to raise a child! I just wonder about the commute. If I look at the lower part of Keller like heritage & fossil creek it says that's FTW. but then I read that north FTW is the worst place to live in ftw. So are the neighborhoods that border Keller safe or not? I'd like to be able to take my daughter for walks at nice after work and be safe.
Are there any other towns commutable to White Settlement that are
1. Safe
2. Progressive- I'm not in to real country things.*
Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2010, 02:38 PM

756 posts, read 2,279,127 times
When you see stats saying that north Fort Worth is the "worst" place to live in Fort Worth, I would imagine that it is referring to the "north side," directly north of downtown, and the Carter Riverside area. Heritage/Fossil Creek is in Tarrant County, and yes, technically Fort Worth, but it's not the "north Fort Worth" that you're reading about.

Having said that, while the area is safe and would be fine for what you're looking for, I don't think that's a particularly nice commute to White Settlement.

Old 10-29-2010, 04:10 PM

Do you have suggestions for a better place? I was planning on 25-30 minute commute, is that not the case?

Last edited by girlygaga; 10-29-2010 at 04:11 PM.. Reason: Misspelling

Old 10-29-2010, 05:25 PM

150 posts, read 418,434 times
Have you looked into Saginaw? We have two small kiddos and have lived here for a couple of years and love it

Old 10-29-2010, 07:24 PM

I did quickly, as well as Benbrook. Neither of them are as new as Keller. Maybe I could get used to that.Plus Keller is close to Southlake Town Square
I thought I read there are only pockets of clean,safe areas in Saginaw. Is that true? *What areas are the good areas?
Benrbook is southwest of fort worth. Does that make it overly rural? I don't want to live in a rural no resteraunts of shopping for miles area

Old 10-29-2010, 10:32 PM

54 posts, read 152,851 times
If you don't yet have Google Earth, get it (it's free). The areal views can tell you a lot about the general character of places.

Old 10-30-2010, 10:42 AM

11,853 posts, read 26,868,308 times
"Northside" of Fort Worth, meaning the area from downtown to Meacham Field is the bad part of town. The far North, as in north of Loop 820, is just fine. Keller is also very nice but it will be a long commute through traffic to White Settlement. I don't know that much about Saginaw, but I wouldn't consider it "progressive."

Benbrook and SW Fort Worth are very nice areas. The southern part of benbrook begins to get rural, but most of the town is just another suburb. The area around Hulen Mall has tons of shopping, restaurants, etc.

Old 10-30-2010, 06:27 PM

756 posts, read 2,279,127 times
Keller is great, but like I said, the commute will just be too much–certainly closer to an hour than 30 minutes, particularly if you're on the side of Keller that is closer to Southlake Town Center. A lot of folks on that side of Keller, such as my parents, commute to Dallas, Irving or D/FW rather than Ft. Worth because of the access to Highway 114.

Benbrook/Hulen area is not rural and will have plenty of shopping, restaurants, etc.

Old 10-30-2010, 11:04 PM

664 posts, read 855,484 times
I love Keller! I don't live there though. i live in Haltom City near Fossil Creek. I moved here from Mississippi in 2007. i love it here.

Old 10-31-2010, 02:37 PM

425 posts, read 995,544 times
I live in Heritage, and love it here - I've never felt unsafe. I know nothing about commuting, however, as my office is located just outside of Heritage.

Good luck with finding a place to live that's close to where you work!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth