Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2011, 05:45 PM

121 posts, read 404,313 times

Advertisements

Anyone know anything about the Harriet Creek Subdivision? My sister is looking at homes in that area and they are a good price for a good amount of square footage. The elementary school is brand new, and there are sidewalks and two community pools. Anyone know of this area?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2011, 05:58 PM

33 posts, read 85,915 times
One thing you may want to note is that Harriet Creek is actually located in Ft Worth, not Justin. Taxes are higher in Ft Worth than in Justin. The subdivision is located in Northwest ISD and all of the elementary schools are rated exemplary or recognized. I'm sorry I don't know any other particulars about the neighborhood.

Old 05-02-2011, 05:12 AM

Hi formerny'r- No, the addresses in Harriet Creek are all Justin or at least they have a Justin address. I double checked on that. Will that make a difference? I know it is a long shot (that people might know the subdivision) because Justin is a little out in the country. I was just wondering if anyone knew anything about the neighborhood. My sis is a parent and I would like to know that she is getting a good deal. She is going to be there a while so I want to make sure it is a good investment. The homes are extremely reasonable in price with great square footage for the price.

Old 05-02-2011, 01:02 PM

150 posts, read 418,529 times
We looked in that subdivision, when we first moved to the area. Ask your realtor about the Justin vs Fort Worth address....the addresses we looked at in that subdivision were all Fort Worth.

The pros we had for that area was that it did seem pretty quiet. Seemed like there were alot of families in the area. You can get alot of square footage for the price. And it's NWISD!

The cons were that everytime we viewed a house, we either came on the same night as a party down the road or everyone was home and there were tons of cars parked in the streets and packed into driveways. You get a large house for a small price, but the quality of house may come into play which also turns into resale issues. Another con that we had was the location. For us, it was too far from husband's work and the major stores and restaurants we frequent.

It's been about 3yrs since we've been there, so I'm not sure if things have changed Good luck!!

Old 05-02-2011, 02:02 PM

3,041 posts, read 11,888,220 times
Look up the address on the TAD website it will tell you where the taxes are being paid.

It may be like the Woodland Springs etc... neighborhoods in FT Worth but KISD. ALL the RE pages had ALL those neighborhoods listed as Keller. When in reality they were FT Worth and had higher taxes.
It's been 2 years sincethe zip codes were changed and some RE sites will still list them Keller. VERY confusing for someone new to the state etc... and looking at the taxes.

Old 05-02-2011, 06:50 PM

Justin address for sure. :-)

Old 05-08-2011, 09:03 AM

14 posts, read 43,253 times
If I remember correctly, Harriet Creek has homes built by Fox and Jacobs...they were very inexpensive when new, and were "cookie cutter" with 8 foot celings and few upgrades. You may get a lot of square footage for the dollar, but there are neighborhoods closer to town with similar amenities and prices, and maybe a little more quality / variety.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth