Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2011, 10:28 PM

301 posts, read 567,978 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustDeb View Post
Walmart is definitely the place for household cleaning supplies, toiletries, etc. I believe the Walmart that is closest to where we are trying to move to, is up in Highland Village?
We will be in North Flower Mound if all goes right with the sale of our home.
Ive seen from the Google Map that there is a big Target nearby in northern FM. We have never been to Texas, and here we are, taking a big leap of Faith.

I guess I'll just have to shop at both and see which one 'feels' most comfortable, and fits our 'tight budget'. I like to get to know a store and where the items are. L2R, I think Im a lot like your husband, in that I like a good layout and need to know where I am going in the store, when I need to get something.
Thanks so much again.

JD
Yes. There is a Walmart in Highland Village just over from 2499 on 407 and there is a Super Target just up 2499 from the apts about which you originally posted. Let me know if and when you get to town. I'll be glad to take you on a quick tour and out to lunch .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2011, 09:08 AM

986 posts, read 1,658,120 times
Market Street on the Coppell/Lewisville border might be an option as well. It's a GREAT grocery store.

Old 05-17-2011, 05:32 PM

621 posts, read 1,326,346 times
Safeway is owned by Tom Thumb. Market Street is good too on 121 svc rd. Kroger is great and there are some Albertsons in DFW still

Old 05-18-2011, 02:38 AM

119 posts, read 346,637 times
Thanks ... now is Safeway owned by Tom Thumb or Tom Thumb owned by Safeway? LOL

Old 05-18-2011, 09:56 AM

77,772 posts, read 104,112,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustDeb View Post
Which do you prefer for grocery shopping?
Tom Thumb or Krogers ...

I have never heard of either, we only have a Safeway and Albertsons.

Which has best prices, card clubs, etc?
Do both have pharmacies?

Thank You In Advance...

JD
everyone has a different preference, but to me there are very few large chains any nicer than Tom Thumb and if you shop for specials there prices are great. I have never been a huge Krouger fan. I do know there are some pretty nice ones though in the Flower Mound/Highland Village area. I have shopeed at them with my daughter.

Old 05-18-2011, 09:59 AM

77,772 posts, read 104,112,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristieP View Post
Personally, I hate WalMart and try to avoid shopping there, so I would recommend Target.
I agree but we do shop there here in NWA occassionally even for groceries. Our daughter in Highland Village will shop at the one in Flower Mound on rare occassions as well. When we want to stock up on staples like paper products we use Sams. Yes, they are owned by Wal-Mart but they are very different we think. The same with Tom Thumb and Safeway: I find the stores different.

Nita

Old 05-20-2011, 10:08 AM

94 posts, read 303,855 times
Being from the east coast, we shopped at Kroger then and pretty much do now here in FM... Tom Thumb seems like a little more upscale with a nicer deli, bakery, etc
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth