Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-23-2011, 12:50 AM

119 posts, read 347,303 times

Advertisements

Getting close to setting up a rental. (nerves gettin' the best of me)

With having a child in Elementary School, and just overall Flower Mound,
with regard to convenience to grocery stores nearby, Walmart and Target nearby, would you suggest North FM or South FM?

JD
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2011, 06:03 AM

301 posts, read 569,541 times
Depends on what schools the places are zoned to and the rents IMO. You're not going to be more than about 10-15 min away from shopping most of the time in either part (depending on time of day).

Old 05-23-2011, 07:00 PM

32 posts, read 52,465 times
I believe all the elementary schools are good so I don't think you can go wrong either way. We chose south FM because of commute...we eventually used 1171 as our cutoff and focused south of there. I feel like we are close enough to shopping. Flower Mound is not that big really. We don't travel far for anything.

Old 05-23-2011, 08:17 PM

301 posts, read 569,541 times
There are two elementary schools and two middle schools that aren't quite up to par with the rest of the FM schools IMO. There are many excellent ones though. We've been in south FM but are about to move to north FM well Double Oak actually. Found a house on an acre that we couldn't pass up But we'll back almost right up to FM. Actually sandwiched in between FM,HV, and CC.

Old 05-23-2011, 09:25 PM

94 posts, read 304,437 times
I live in the far north west side of Flower Mound in the Conventry section of Bridlewood - the the next street up being in Double Oak and as the Princess noted, it also abuts to Highland Village and Copper Canyon... we love this area - being on a golf course is nice, but having a few equestrian centers / stables just about 1/4 mike down the road is a great mix of suburb and country - about 1/2 mile north east of us is the 2499 corridor, with all the big box stores, grocery and everything else, plus just over the 407 and 2499 is the outdoor Highland Village mall - love being able to take the children (4&6) to get a quick meal and still get home before they reach their good behavior limit lol.... Bridlewood Elementary is great and is located in the development, as well as the middle school, so anyone living in Bridlewood is no more than 1/4 mile from all but Lewisville-Marcus HS...we wanted to be an area that offered a great family lifestyle, great schools and one that was near my wife's office in Denton and that would allow me to have a quick commute to DFW.... we could live pretty much anywhere in the Metroplex and did look in Southlake and the Park cities to see what we would be getting into for $1MM and what would be costs, in terms of commute and overall complexity of life.... we choose FM to simplify our life and with that, we are pretty happy with our choice.... either way it sounds like you are asking the right questions and by renting before buying, you will get a great oppty to make a more informed decision.... welcome to your new home and enjoy!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth