Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2011, 12:53 AM

8,704 posts, read 11,112,206 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmk8808 View Post
Hi all,

I'm starting a job in Stephenville pretty soon and starting my apartment hunt next week. I've been told that I probably don't want to actually live in Stephenville (single 22yo from DC...) and have been recommended Granbury as a happy medium. I don't mind a bit of a commute as I'd rather be happy with the area that I live in.

I'm hoping I can get some people that are familiar with the area to point me in the direction of some apartment complexes and areas to look at. I'm done with college, so I would like to put the loud, trashy apartment complex days behind me; but on the flip side, I spent the last year living underneath little children and I will take loud parties on all sides of me over screaming kids any day of the week. Does anybody know of any complexes that are geared more toward the young professional type? I don't really know anything about the area so I don't know if there really even is that kind of community in Granbury.

Ideally I'd be in Fort Worth, but I honestly don't know about doing that kind of commute to Stephenville every day. But, that's still an option. Any ideas?

Thanks!!
FW to Stephenville is a long commute. It will take you an hour or more and traffic between Granbury and FW is pretty thick in commute hours. There are several new complexes on S Meadows Dr between 51 and 144.
Granbury is growing quickly and is not the sleepy retirement community it once was. Its dominated by young families and of course retirees. New shopping and restaurants are under construction, and the lake makes for a more attractive town.
If I were 20's and single I'd want to live around DT FW, but not commuting to Stephenville.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2011, 10:33 PM

29 posts, read 95,684 times
Also consider Weatherford. It's more miles than Granbury, but less miles than Fort Worth.

Just take IH-20 West from Weatherford then 281 south to Stephenville.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth