Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2011, 12:50 AM

11,798 posts, read 25,081,924 times

Advertisements

In south Ft Worth, where I am, I only got small hail, wind and rain. But I understand that only one and a half miles away, baseball-sized hail fell. I'd say I lucked out bigtime!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2011, 01:48 AM

9,221 posts, read 15,867,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketabcha View Post
Yes, we have another batch coming through in a few minutes. We got only very light rain but now the thunder is really banging the sky and I expect the sirens to go off any minute now. The dogs in the neighborhood are really howling and I'm wondering why those pets are not inside. Something is on it's way.....again.

Oh, I'm in southwest Arlington.
I'm in SW Arlington, too and it wasn't that bad. The sirens went off twice and it rained, but not that hard. Power never went out (or even flickered) and I didn't see any hail. Glad it didn't live up to the hype. And a picture of Joplin...we got off easy:

Old 05-25-2011, 09:16 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,496,953 times
yes--we did get out of this storm front with few problems
policeman was struck by lightening in Dallas area which is about only real injury I heard about

but for once the weather people were right to keep weather on vs programming

and I started watching channel 33--found Rebecca Miller again--she is so smart about weather and just does not let her voice get into that strident pitch that so many other forecasters hit that makes every thing they say have the same "Gosh we are going to be hit!" intensity

Old 05-25-2011, 09:29 AM

150 posts, read 415,883 times
Our neighborhood in Saginaw suffered fence, roof, tree damage. Saw the tornado/debri field coming, but took cover, so I'm not sure if it hit our neighborhood or the damage is from the wind. Only a few houses on each street have damage, so the guess in the neighborhood is that the tornado cut through the middle of our neighborhood. We personally suffered fence damage...it didn't blow down, but the post was sucked out of the ground (concrete and all), which damaged the panels of pickets. The missing pickets are nowhere to be found. A neighbor's fence posts were pulled out as well, with their fence panels thrown across the street.

Old 05-25-2011, 09:47 AM

glad no one was hurt

Old 05-25-2011, 02:06 PM

119 posts, read 214,692 times
About 8pm, we got hail in the Ridglea area. After it stopped, I went out to check on my car. Everything was a bit green and eerie, so I looked up and there was this giant swirling, circling mass of clouds just to the SW. It actually made a bit of a hole where the circulation was centered.

I watched it for about 5 minutes, waiting to see if it was going to organize and start reaching for the ground. When it went over my house and I couldn't see it for the trees, I went in and just waited to see if I started to hear the notorious "freight train" noise.

Nothing happened after that beyond another quick shower. That cloud trying to make a tornado was the most wicked thing I've ever seen - and I've lived in tornado country my whole life.

Old 05-25-2011, 03:09 PM

3,041 posts, read 11,841,453 times
Keller area...we had marble and golf ball size hail.
Cyclone...
yes the funnel cloud was near Keller...got the end of it on video. When we saw the wall cloud form it looked to be over near Keller/Watagua boarder right near the MS.
The funnel started to form and pulled down a bit but went back into the wall cloud.

We had the circulating wall cloud pretty much over our neighborhood and moving SE pretty quick....
hail wal falling from 2 different directions! Bizare!

Old 05-25-2011, 03:45 PM

3,086 posts, read 7,583,581 times
NRH....I hear the sirens went off, little hail, lots of rain...but don't know personally as we were at the Rangers game. First we were made to move from the upper deck to 2nd or lower after watching all the nasty clouds/colors/directions and the wind beat us up. Then we wandered the concourse while the tarp was put on and it rained. Evidently it hailed golf ball sized hail too that made them move everyone through the dugouts and field gates that were still in the stands. But we missed that as we were walking the ramp at the time. About the time we decided to call it a night we were sent down deep underground....stayed about 15 minutes, then got out and headed home.

Nothing at my house showed signs of any issues. Was surprised to see on the news today about the damage done at Rufe Snow 820.

Old 05-25-2011, 05:35 PM

we had friends who live off North Tarrant in NRHills--they were eating at CozyMel's by Grapevine Mills Mall and stopped at a Sonic (probably the one on Hall Johnson) to hide from the hail
they said their house looked ok when they got home

Old 05-25-2011, 05:44 PM

446 posts, read 647,224 times
Several rounds of torrential rain and two rounds of penny size hail here in the Southside of Fort Worth. Also, a rotating wall cloud passed right over my neighborhood... which I captured on video. YouTube link comes later.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth