U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-02-2011, 08:00 AM

119 posts, read 312,293 times

Advertisements

After reading the post re: the family wanting out of their rental due to being in a bad area, I thought Id chime in and grab some of your knowledge!

What would you say, are the Best Neighborhoods in FM?
Your Top-Best 3 to 5 areas you'd feel safe in, with kids around, and are nicely maintained?

We secured a One Month Rental, to give us a bit of time to figure out what neighborhood/area we will sign a longer lease in, while we acclimate to living in FM, in good ole Texas.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2011, 08:23 AM

10,541 posts, read 22,428,002 times
Flower Mound doesn't have a "bad" neighborhood. (I'm willing to bet that other poster rented a house in south Fort Worth...)

Old 06-02-2011, 08:27 AM

302 posts, read 507,544 times
What will be your price range? Most of the neighborhoods in FM fit your description. A couple without HOAs have a few houses that aren't quite as well-maintained from the outside. A lot will depend on what you are able/willing to spend.

Old 06-02-2011, 08:51 AM

Our RENTAL price range will be around $2500 to $2800 per month.

When it's time to PURCHASE, price range will be up to $400k.

I do not want to make the same mistake twice, as in purchasing
a home too quickly, and not renting long enough to ensure we are
at a place we truly want to be living in.

Hope that makes sense ... its almost 4 am here and Ive not yet
gone to bed. Too much thinking!

Old 06-02-2011, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristieP View Post
Flower Mound doesn't have a "bad" neighborhood. (I'm willing to bet that other poster rented a house in south Fort Worth...)
The more I read her post, it seemed there was a red flag right away.

Poster stated that the house is 'right next door' to A Women's Shelter for battered women.
"Red Flag Alert".

Old 06-02-2011, 05:43 PM

32,546 posts, read 51,084,504 times
the house was in Mineral Wells from a later post
there is lot in there I am not buying

Old 06-02-2011, 09:09 PM

10,541 posts, read 22,428,002 times
Mineral Wells is NOT a nice town. It was dying 20 years ago, and it has gone downhill since then. No jobs, rural area, etc. Any police officer can tell you that communities like that usually have a raging methamphetamine problem.

I agree that there just seems to be too much going wrong in her post...

Old 06-02-2011, 11:20 PM

With your budget, lots of neighborhoods are available. Depends on which part of town you want to be in- north or south, lot size you want, preference for HS (both FMHS and Marcus are very good). South FM I like Villages of Northshore and Woodlake Estates. North FM I like Wellington. All of those go to FMHS You should also take a look at the LISD portion of Double Oak (you can get an older home for under 400K) and Highland Village. Those go to Marcus HS as does Bridlewood (which is nice but I did not like as much as Wellington).

Old 06-03-2011, 02:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessKick View Post
North FM I like Wellington. All of those go to FMHS You should also take a look at the LISD portion of Double Oak (you can get an older home for under 400K) and Highland Village. (which is nice but I did not like as much as Wellington).
I like the looks of Wellington, from what I see on google maps, as well as that area you said your brother lives in, down in south FM.

PK- did you move to Double Oak yet?
From 'driving' around the streets on google, it looks very nice there.
The lots look large - is there still a 'neighborhood' feel there, as in kids
playing together and seeing your neighbors?

Old 06-03-2011, 09:10 AM

Not yet. Two weeks from today . Yes, lots are larger. Ours is 1.05 acres. Enough of a neighborhood feel for us from what we could see plus not having your neighbors right up on top of you. Both Wellington and VoN have lots of kids out playing if you don't mind smaller lots. At 400K you can pretty much buy any house in VoN and I would venture to say about 60%-70% of those in Wellington.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth