Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2011, 06:41 PM

39 posts, read 76,907 times

Advertisements

thank you guys I appreciate the feedback, I completely understand about commute and things of that nature. But until we find out more about the specific area and more details about his job, I was hoping to gather information on the different communities I have seen online and researched.

I also understand that everyone was trying to help, but a few of you got snippy when I tried to tell you what I was looking for. I do feel I was pretty specific when I listed the exact communities and asked for information about them, I never asked about commute or relation to my husbands job.

I do love sites like this because you can build a friend base that you normally would not have IRL, but sometimes I believe people (though "trying" to be helpful) can come across as "Know it all's" and sound as if they are being condesending and trying to put you in your place.

And yes that was nice of Loves2Read to post that link, but it does not work anymore so I didn't really get any info from that. But again thanks to all of you that were able to give your input on the areas I was asking about I do appreciate that. I am trying to gather as much info as possible, that way I can cross areas out when we fly out to see houses.

And I do apologize for the "friendly texan attitude" comment based on just a few not so friendly posts. I should not have grouped everyone into that

Thank you all for reading this post and contributing what you can.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2011, 06:53 PM

3,086 posts, read 7,612,833 times
Glad you kept reading OP....just realize that commute/job location and schools really do go hand in hand with recommendations. So even if I had first person knowledge of any of the areas you asked about, it may or may not be helpful in the bigger picture.

For every subdivision mentioned there are probably 10 more just like it or very very similar throughout the areas of Tarrant County, so it's just automatic to me not to think of subdivisions first.

Most likely after you've moved here and spent enough time exploring the whole area, it will make much more sense. Then when the next person starts to ask about areas, you will also think first of commute....and be just like the rest of us. haha

Old 06-12-2011, 09:14 PM

301 posts, read 570,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hypocore View Post
Glad you kept reading OP....just realize that commute/job location and schools really do go hand in hand with recommendations. So even if I had first person knowledge of any of the areas you asked about, it may or may not be helpful in the bigger picture.

For every subdivision mentioned there are probably 10 more just like it or very very similar throughout the areas of Tarrant County, so it's just automatic to me not to think of subdivisions first.

Most likely after you've moved here and spent enough time exploring the whole area, it will make much more sense. Then when the next person starts to ask about areas, you will also think first of commute....and be just like the rest of us. haha
Agreed

Old 06-14-2011, 04:57 PM

28 posts, read 54,340 times
Default ...

I too will probably be moving to FW, and I am finding this board's info extremely helpful. I had planned on reading 50 threads before posting, but I can't refrain. I belong to many forums and understand the aggravation regulars have with people not reading and searching before posting a question that is too vague or been asked and answered a dozen times.

I found this forum's link in an informational site: //www.city-data.com/housing/hou...rne-Texas.html

I hope there are more like it for the small towns around DFW. This forum combined with data sites, offers the total package to recon the area. Raw data can be anaylized and then refined by the opinions of people with "boots on the ground" there.

Old 06-14-2011, 05:07 PM

28 posts, read 54,340 times
Default where to look?

My wife might be transferred to Alcon off of the South expressway around Altamesa...the relocation people included a couple of realtors that were plugging Mansfield, and when pressed told us arlington and grand prarie were not so hot places. I can see an agent having to tippytoe around telling it like it is.
This is my initial search and I have looked at many houses on the MLS listings. We are afforded the opportunity to make a couple of visits (on the company) to scout around. So I too am looking to narrow down the areas that we should focus on.

so even though I have not read close to 50 threads, I am asking for your opinions, just to get pointed in the right directions.

We will be buying, I am looking in the range of 75k to 150k
We have no children, but have heard that the school district is a major point for eventual resale. I would think lower taxes would be better and hope to resell it to people without kids like us. Houses here are valued more on upgrades and sq footage. My wife would like a short commute but is willing to travel a little if it means we can get a nicer house for the money. We are looking for 2000+sq and newer than 15 years. We are white and in our 40's and live in a semi rural are now...we enjoy seeing deer and turkey in the yard and still being within minutes of shopping. Texas is different than Georgia in many ways, so I will probably have a few more questions in the near future. which towns would be worth further investigation?

Old 06-14-2011, 06:44 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,844,229 times
//www.city-data.com/forum/fort-...ord-farms.html

maybe that will work--the other was link of lists for LIBERTY CROSSING I got doing a search
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth