U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-12-2011, 06:51 PM

168 posts, read 570,565 times

Advertisements

We're getting really excited!! Movers will be on 7/14 and new job starts 8/15 (but I'll start working earlier).

We still have a lot to do....we found an apartment (thanks for all your help), but still need to get the electricity and cable set up.

Still some packing to do....about 80% is packed, but the rest has to wait until just before we move (kitchen stuff/bathroom stuff, etc.).

I know we're moving at a bad time of year in terms of weather, but we're coming from Miami....so it can't get much worse than here (and we've lived in a desert climate, so we know extreme heat too).

Anyhow....I just wanted to share my excitement. Anyone else moving in the next month or two???
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2011, 11:07 PM

119 posts, read 312,902 times
We are ... but we have some hiccups with escrow...
We were supposed to be out there on June 10th, then the 15th, now
I think it will be another week after that.

Were coming from Hawaii so its been highly stressful - more stress
than excitement at this point, moving across an ocean then halfway
across the mainland.

Old 06-12-2011, 11:19 PM

PS - what town are you moving to, Twig?

Old 06-13-2011, 05:29 AM

Aww Deb, that's awful! The costs associated with continually changing the date must not be good. So sorry!

We're actually living in Fort Worth....on Bryant Irvin. We're just renting, since we own a house in another state that won't sell (it's being rented).

Old 06-13-2011, 06:52 AM

Thanks...

I see youre in Florida right now - I have family up in Jacksonville.
We had thought of moving there, years ago when we were deciding
where we would go when it was time, but the humidity out there
is just, well, Too Darn Humid.

YES, the costs are starting to play a factor. Calling the airlines today, to put a hold
on our tickets. I did get insurance on the tickets, so I hope we dont get charged for that.

We are supposed to move into our rental in FM on Wednesday, so have to call and let them
know we wont be there on that date. Of course we are being charged for the rental, which
is only normal.

Our dog had his 'health check' on Friday, and its only good for 10 days till flight.
So we may have to do another vet visit.

My truck is somewhere between Long Beach and Fort Worth. Shipped it out 2 weeks ago.

I understand how you feel, about your house not selling.
The real estate market out here is horrible. DOM is over 300 in the area we live.
Many homes have been on the market for over 2 years.

Have a good day ... packing away!

Old 06-13-2011, 07:01 AM

Oh my gosh ... there are some really nice apartment
rentals out there, I googled Bryant Irvin, and couldnt
believe how many there are.

Are you getting a furnished apt or unfurnished?

Were renting a furnished apartment, at $3,630.00 per month.
That is for a 2 bedroom. They did not have any 3 bedrooms avail.

As you can imagine, Ill be buying the basic furniture we need, real quick,
so we can then rent a house until we buy.

Old 06-13-2011, 05:50 PM

Yes, the apartments were quite nice. I'll be working at TCU and DH doesn't have a job yet, so I wanted to be close to my job.

We're renting unfurnished....my job is paying for moving expenses, so we're having everything done by a large moving company.

Our 2/2 is $900, plus some pet fees. We also had to put down a $600 deposit for the dog & cat.

We're very excited to save money! We pay double that in Miami, but we do have a place on the ocean....so we'll miss our view. But we don't like it down here overall, so we're ready to go!

Couldn't you leave and just Fedex all the escrow docs? I can't even imagine how stressed you must be with everything! I feel overwhelmed just moving the 1300 miles!!

Our house is in Indiana, which we thought would be stable....but when the RV market collapsed the unemployment skyrocketed and so did foreclosures. We missed our opportunity to sell by about 3 months. So we hired a property manager. Luckily he's kept tenants in....but we're still losing several thousand a year. We're underwater on the house....so it'll be a long while before we can even think of selling it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth