Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-18-2011, 05:42 PM

2 posts, read 6,328 times

Advertisements

Ok so about couple of days ago my neighbor got a new fence up and im wondering can he do what he did, ok so this is what he got done, he got the fence that goes along the side of the gate done at regular height and the gate thats along the back he got it tall im not sure at what height.. but thats not the problem i dont care about any of that, but anyway so when he got his back gate done he came onto my property with the tall back gate and thats not even he side of the gate, and the gate i had up was just fine, and even if it wasn't that was my side of the gate to take care of not his, and im just really wondering can he do that he didnt even ask me or anything, and im already upset because he didnt hire professionals he just hired a friend and his friend had a friend to help him build it and thats not what im only mad about, when they were digging to put the post in they hit my cable line underground and i was stuck without cable or internet for a day, i mean they did a sorry job not to mention they left the dirt they dug up in my yard they left trash in my yard, the tree branches they cut to put the tall fence up in my yard, these guys just wasnt professional at all, but anyway thats not what im here for, is what im here about is to get the anwser on can he put the tall back fence up on my side, im going to upload pictures as soon as i get them to my email.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

edit: and i forgot to mention im also trying to sell my house so when ppl come to look at the house and see a tall gate then a short gate i don't think thats going to be very pleasing to them and it's not going to help me any.

http://i776.photobucket.com/albums/yy49/LongLiveTheKingMJ/IMAG0016.jpg (broken link)

Last edited by SoSoJoeJoe; 06-18-2011 at 06:04 PM.. Reason: add information
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2011, 07:44 PM

162 posts, read 540,037 times
Wow, was that all one sentence?

Old 06-18-2011, 09:28 PM

119 posts, read 215,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasHen View Post
Wow, was that all one sentence?
LOL! No kidding...

OP, I'm not sure people are going to understand what you're talking about - I sure don't. Can you try that again?

Old 06-19-2011, 08:27 AM

690 posts, read 1,731,187 times
Basically, the real outcome is the size of the fence facing your property.

You should check with the city ordinance about the fence and then discuss
this with the neighbor.
Let them know of your dissatisfaction and attempt to resolve the issue in a civil manner.

Good Luck

Old 06-19-2011, 11:32 AM

2 posts, read 6,328 times
woops nevermind i found a thread on this

sorry.

admin can delete this thread.

edit

sorry you cant understand it wont let me edit
so mods can delete and i'll explain better on future post thanks

Last edited by SoSoJoeJoe; 06-19-2011 at 11:48 AM..

Old 06-20-2011, 12:45 AM

119 posts, read 348,332 times
From how I read it, he has encroached your property. You have the rights here.

Old 06-20-2011, 08:48 AM

3,041 posts, read 11,899,592 times
NO the fence line is the same. The OP was upset that that the neighbor went on his property to put up a fence he doesn't like and an extra gate? (from what I gathered) He was alos upset that the neighbor built it himself with friends and did not hire a "professional". That's his choice, people repair thier property all the time without a "professional". Sounds like no HOA, so the only thing OP can do is build a fence in front of the monstrosity or live with it.
I don't know why the neighbor would have a gate opening into the OP yard? maybe it's an alleyway or shared green space?
I wonder if the neighbor approached the OP to spilt the cost of repair? (and he refused?) That is what we have always done with shared fencing, works great. But the previous owners of our house would not work with the neighbors and would pay...he fixed it himself (enough to keep it standing and HOA approved from the street view!) It blew down the first month we were here and when we approached the neighbors they were ALL so excited, since our fence wasthe only parts of thiers that was in horrible condition!

Old 06-20-2011, 08:17 PM

621 posts, read 1,335,085 times
If his fence goes on your property you can have it removed.
If it's over the legal height the city will tell him take it down if you call them.
If he put it up without a permit he's in some sort of trouble depending on the city...But you will have to call them and ask......

Ok?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth