U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 07-07-2011, 10:25 AM
 
Location: Grand Prairie
1 posts, read 1,320 times
Reputation: 10

Advertisements

Im looking for a safe and nice area in FT.worth, I have a 6month& 18month my husband works late,We are moving out of Grand Prairie . In less than a year there has been 3 shootings,2 robberies by gun point,7cars brake-ins/damaged at my current Apt
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-07-2011, 01:12 PM
 
690 posts, read 1,573,061 times
Reputation: 539
Dallas Crime spotter:
Dallas, TX Crime Map - Showing Crimes in Dallas - Crime Statistics, Alerts and Reports - Crime Stops Here
Fort worth crime map:
Crime Information | Fort Worth, Texas, Police Department


Just the usual questions about commute to work, budget, etc.
Bryant Irvin and I-20, Southwest Fort worth is very active with plenty of apartments.

North to the Mid-Cities area, Grapevine or even to North Richland Hills on
820 Loop.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-07-2011, 04:35 PM
 
32,618 posts, read 51,215,165 times
Reputation: 18486
MONEY, MONEY, MONEY--that is always the crutial element of any negotiation

higher priced areas always show up safer on crime maps
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-07-2011, 06:06 PM
 
3 posts, read 7,353 times
Reputation: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
MONEY, MONEY, MONEY--that is always the crutial element of any negotiation

higher priced areas always show up safer on crime maps
Yep this is so true. I find myself looking for the most expensive houses I can afford not because I need the bells and whistles but just because I want a safer neighborhood. I'd be perfectly content in a little brick home unfortunately you've got to buy a ridiculously priced home just to have a nice neighborhood.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-07-2011, 06:34 PM
 
32,618 posts, read 51,215,165 times
Reputation: 18486
I don't think you have to buy a "rediculously expensive" house to be safe
there are plenty of home in my neighborhood and those around it under 300K--many in lower 200s--that are really very safe
but it is difficult to rent a house under 1K a mo in area that is very safe from what I have seen--
and more like 1500 a mo

so what the person has to spend will obviously have impact on the safety of the area
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-28-2011, 08:03 PM
 
30 posts, read 85,724 times
Reputation: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilfieldtrash4 View Post
Yep this is so true. I find myself looking for the most expensive houses I can afford not because I need the bells and whistles but just because I want a safer neighborhood. I'd be perfectly content in a little brick home unfortunately you've got to buy a ridiculously priced home just to have a nice neighborhood.

We are learning this lesson now! :-) We tried to downsize and were perfectly content with the actual house and neighborhood except discovered crime came with the package! (not as bad as it could be, but more than we are used to) So....we are now house hunting again this time focusing on areas with less crime and wouldn't you know it we are going to be back to a bigger mortgage!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-29-2011, 06:09 AM
 
Location: Grapevine, Texas
10,572 posts, read 22,500,376 times
Reputation: 8400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mita_08 View Post
Im looking for a safe and nice area in FT.worth, I have a 6month& 18month my husband works late,We are moving out of Grand Prairie . In less than a year there has been 3 shootings,2 robberies by gun point,7cars brake-ins/damaged at my current Apt
I would never live in Grand Prairie for this reason. Even the south part, which is supposed tobe the better part, has crime issues in residential neighborhoods, and I can only imagine what apartment complexes are like!

What is your budget and where in Fort Worth will he be working?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-29-2011, 07:08 AM
 
Location: NE Tarrant County, TX
394 posts, read 1,145,894 times
Reputation: 261
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristieP View Post
I would never live in Grand Prairie for this reason. Even the south part, which is supposed tobe the better part, has crime issues in residential neighborhoods, and I can only imagine what apartment complexes are like!
While Grand Prairie may not meet everyone's safety or social criteria for acceptability, my family spent a wonderful 4 months in an apartment in N. Grand Prairie, just west of 360, which we found to be quite nice, secure and safe - for apartment living. The location never once seemed unsafe to us and offered some nice alternatives for walking and exercise, too. Would we have chosen to live there long term? No, but for a family in transition getting to know the area (with two very young kids) it was great. I would recommend those apartments to anyone with a need to be in the north Arlington area.

My $0.02 before folks start "piling on" negatively about Grand Paririe.

-Eric
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-29-2011, 08:37 AM
 
32,618 posts, read 51,215,165 times
Reputation: 18486
We know couple who have lived in GP for years--in the south part--Mansfield ISD--and they love their area
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-29-2011, 01:04 PM
 
Location: Fort Worth, north TX
427 posts, read 900,639 times
Reputation: 284
Quote:
Originally Posted by justducky View Post
We are learning this lesson now! :-) We tried to downsize and were perfectly content with the actual house and neighborhood except discovered crime came with the package! (not as bad as it could be, but more than we are used to) So....we are now house hunting again this time focusing on areas with less crime and wouldn't you know it we are going to be back to a bigger mortgage!
Bless your heart for being in the position to be able to buy a house and 6 months later being able to turn around to sell it and pack up and move because 3 B&Es in the past 6 months are more than you can handle.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:02 AM.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top