Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2011, 01:22 AM

4,207 posts, read 15,257,217 times

Advertisements

Realtor.com and Craigslist are your best bet. Some of the listings on CL stay on there by agents hoping to get tenants leads. Some are scams, so be careful about that, it's been know that people posted homes that are vacant and show them and take the application fee and downpayment from people.

If you are local, you can also drive the neighborhoods you want to be in for the ones that are not listed anywhere.

It's a very hot rental market right now, so make sure you have a lease application with you when you find the perfect home, submit it right away.

Naima
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2011, 08:55 AM

85 posts, read 173,671 times
I agree about getting a realtor to help you. And definitely try to plan a trip before your move. I came out for a few days before moving here and am so glad I did. I had a realtor and he sent several listings I was interested in. However, after actually SEEING the homes, there was no way I wanted to live there. For example, one house he sent pictures of looked great (obviously...they were pictures), but when I went in, the appliances were all torn out, they had "water bugs" (read: roaches) in the kitchen, the carpet was a mess, the back fence was fallen over, etc. The realtor was just as horrified as I was (it wasn't his listing, it was another company's). My point is: you don't ever want to rent or buy a house sight unseen. Hook yourself up with a realtor, have him/her send you some listings, and come out for at least a weekend to actually look at the properties.

Old 08-27-2012, 09:47 PM

2 posts, read 1,078 times
Default Noise from airport

The area you are looking to rent in is great. I've lived here for 7 years and I am just off of 121 and Glade Rd. This is about 3 miles from the runways. I never hear jets, and the ones I do I have to be outside and those are the ones landing and taking off to and from the South. And even being outside the noise is negligible.

The area is great. You have very good schools in the Colleyville/Grapevine ISD.

Major highways and freeways all around, 121, 114, 360, and 183 (Airport Freeway). Currently there is a lot of construction on these roads in this area but should be all finished in about a year and they have it to where you can still get around pretty well, even with the construction. You just have to stay in touch with the times they close roads, which is usually at night and on the weekends.

Great family restaurants, shopping, the Grapevine Mills Mall is about 15 minutes away, plus 2 other major malls just as close. If you stick with Euless the rent will be lower than in Colleyville or Grapevine. These cities are all in Tarrant County and for car insurance it is cheaper than living in Dallas County. Plenty of theaters, and the surrounding cities have great outdoor activities, plenty of parks all around, and great sports events close by.

Public Transportation is getting better and better with the opening of the DART Orange Line Light Rail system and the Trinity Railway Express (TRE) to get you into Dallas and surrounding areas if you don't want to drive and park. Taking the train is fun. I use the TRE and the DART Light Rail system to go to the VA Hospital on average once a month and I only have to drive 5 miles for 10 minutes, saving me 50 minutes of driving. The trip takes 1 hour. [url=http://www.dart.org/maps/printrailmap.asp]DART.org - DART Rail System Map[/url]

There are quite a few very good hospitals, doctor's rows in all directions, and other health care facilities. Grapevine Lake is 15 minutes away and they have awesome fireworks displays during the holidays.

The police in all these areas are generally friendly, but they can be a bit on the power trip and merciless when it comes to traffic tickets, and they are very sneaky with the speed traps. Some of this is from personal experience, but most is from word of mouth.

There is some crime, but overall nowhere near what Dallas has, or even South Euless, Irving, and surrounding cities.

Hope all this helps and is useful for your planning.

Last edited by DocWatson11; 08-27-2012 at 09:47 PM.. Reason: misspelled a word

Old 08-27-2012, 09:50 PM

2 posts, read 1,078 times
This link may also help. [url]//www.city-data.com/city/Euless-Texas.html[/url]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth