Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-07-2011, 08:48 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,869,570 times

Advertisements

so I bought two Groupon coupons for this place--one for lunch and one for dinner--w/o checking the hours--
they are closed on Sat/Sunday which cuts down on my useage
when I tried to make reservation which the Groupon requires, the Open Table link on restaurant's web site is no longer working
can't call today because it is closed

does anyone have any current info on it?
did I buy something I probably don't want to use?

thanks for insights
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2011, 11:48 AM

211 posts, read 495,090 times
I haven't eaten there in several years, but at that time it was really, exceptionally good. I just checked the web site, and it is open on Sat. night, but only M-F for lunch. If I were you, I'd figure out a way to make their hours work into your schedule. It would be worth it, IMO!

~I'm sure you know that lots of the high-end, home-owned and -operated, non-chain restaurants keep whatever hours they want...many of the best ones in FW aren't open on Mondays, or for lunch, or on Sundays, or whatever, whatever. It's frustrating, but they have to have days for going to the fruit and vegetable stands, cleaning the kitchen, etc.

Old 08-07-2011, 03:05 PM

358 posts, read 1,075,520 times
I agreee that it will be worth it no matter when you go. I've eaten there a few times and the food and the service are excellent.

Old 08-08-2011, 07:32 AM

295 posts, read 949,337 times
+1 vote here for the Classic Cafe, food is excellent and while a little pricey, your groupons should help with that .

Old 08-08-2011, 08:01 AM

309 posts, read 812,091 times
I took my husband there for our anniversary dinner at the end of June (a Saturday evening) using the Groupon. Food was excellent, wine is pricey but overall we thoroughly enjoyed our evening there and would certainly go again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth