U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-20-2011, 06:55 PM

1 posts, read 1,204 times

Advertisements

Hi there,

I have just recently moved back to the metroplex after having been away for almost 5 years, living in SF, Chicago, Austin, and Boston. I grew up in Arlington and have come back for work.

Anyway, I have a lot of friends living in Fort Worth right now and am interested in living there and commuting to work in central Arlington (which I don't anticipate to be problematic for me, as I am familiar with what to expect).

I'm a young single professional in my early 20's - been working in the arts and nonprofits most of my life. I prefer a neighborhood with age and character, but close to my friends, who mostly live in the West 7th/Monticello area as they all go to UNTHSC for the most part. I don't mind neighborhoods that are a little dicey as long as they're up-and-coming, but I don't want anything straight up unsafe.

I don't like a lot of space - currently I'm looking for a studio, though one bedrooms aren't out of the question. Right now, I've been concentrating on Fairmount, Arlington Heights, and the Monticello/White Settlement area. All those are pretty central and seem in line with what I want. That said, I am finding that studios in those areas are pretty insanely cheap: anywhere from $475 to $650.

My main question is: what is a fair price for what I want? I'm experiencing the reverse of sticker shock here, as I just came from Boston where I was paying $850 for a room in a 3br before utilities. Everything here seems so cheap! I just don't want to go too low (though I'll probably know when I see it if I've gone there.)

What would you expect to pay in these areas for a studio? A one bedroom?

Also, if you have any other suggestions of where to look/specific apartments I would be happy to hear them. Being central is very important to me, as I still want the option of biking/walking most places near my house.

Thanks!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth