U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-25-2011, 09:33 AM

12 posts, read 35,463 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone! My husband and I are looking to possibly purchase a home in the Arlington Heights neighborhood for our son, who is going to TCU, to live in while he's there. I have looked on line at the neighborhood, it seems perfect for him, close to TCU, etc. Does anyone have any advice to areas within Arlington Heights? I have seen two houses that we're interest in, one is on Donnelly Street and the other on Lovell.
Thanks for any advice you can give!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2011, 09:37 AM

6,955 posts, read 20,774,719 times
What price range? There are other great areas near TCU and also homes in that area that are served by Tanglewood Elementary school are especially great for resale if you can find the right deal......

Old 08-25-2011, 09:43 AM

We are looking to spend $100K to 150K, with the idea to rent to TCU students once our son graduates. We also have looked online at Ryan Place and Fairmount. I was a little scared off from Fairmount, seems it's not quite there yet. However, Ryan Place seemed ok? The areas right next to TCU are more than we want to spend.

Old 08-25-2011, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasgirl1963 View Post
We are looking to spend $100K to 150K, with the idea to rent to TCU students once our son graduates. We also have looked online at Ryan Place and Fairmount. I was a little scared off from Fairmount, seems it's not quite there yet. However, Ryan Place seemed ok? The areas right next to TCU are more than we want to spend.
If they can walk or ride bike to school it will be best for students .....

4418 Westdale CT Fort Worth TX - Home For Sale and Real Estate Listing - MLS #11576728 - Realtor.com®

2724 S Adams St Fort Worth TX - Home For Sale and Real Estate Listing - MLS #11581661 - Realtor.com®

Old 08-25-2011, 08:31 PM

211 posts, read 450,454 times
Arlington Heights is not really that close to TCU, and with the Hulen St. bridge under construction, the drive time to TCU will not be short or easy. I wouldn't look there for a TCU rental. If the houses around TCU are out of your price range, I would look in Ryan Place. It's a straight shot down Berry.

That being said, I don't think you can get a house in that price range in Ryan Place or in a decent part of Arlington Heights. Make sure your Arlington Heights houses are not in the Como neighborhood.

Old 08-26-2011, 07:24 PM

Well, I timed it from Arlington Heights to TCU, it was 8 minutes, so I don't think that's too far at all? We are looking at Ryan Place as well.

Thanks for your help!

Old 08-28-2011, 10:17 PM

119 posts, read 197,828 times
Default Ridglea

You might also look in Ridglea (south on Camp Bowie frm Arlington Heights). There are a few small houses perfect for a college student (2/1) for sale in the $165-175k range (including mine).

Old 08-29-2011, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasgirl1963 View Post
Well, I timed it from Arlington Heights to TCU, it was 8 minutes, so I don't think that's too far at all? We are looking at Ryan Place as well.

Thanks for your help!
8 minute drive or bike ride?

Old 08-29-2011, 03:33 PM

It's an 8 minute car drive. Today, we looked at a place on Donnelly, very nice, and a place on Pershing, which was also very nice. Both streets looked safe. The place on Donnelly is just a block from Central Market at Hulen Street. We are leaning toward the place on Donnelly, if we can get the price right. Our realtor thinks it is slightly overpriced. Our son has a car, so driving to TCU is no big deal from either house. Really, for us, we absolutely want to feel that the neighborhood is safe. Ryan Place just did not seem as kept up, although it is closer to TCU. Don't get me wrong, the houses on Elizabeth Blvd in Ryan Place were awesome, but nothing was for sale there and if there were, it would have been more than we want to pay. We will probably make an offer this week on one of the two houses, we are having both foundations looked at in the next couple of days and will make our decision then. Anyone have any advice on either street?

Old 08-29-2011, 04:31 PM

119 posts, read 197,828 times
I'd recommend looking at the area on Crimereports.com. It's a great website to get a sense of safety and allows you to look at crime over the last several months.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth