Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2011, 06:54 PM

211 posts, read 495,090 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickfigure View Post
There is a Drum Circle at Feed You Head on Cooper St. on the second Saturday of the Month and at the Unitarian Universalist Church off of California Ln. on the fourth Wednesday of the Month. If you want Central Market Fort Worth has that but I would advice being very mindful of the area you move to. A lot of the area I've lived in South Ft. Worth is a bit run down, crime rates are going up, and there's not much of an art culture in most unless you are in the museum district or a few others farther north.
Of course there are some rough parts of South FW, but the Magnolia/Rosedale area is flourishing. There are great bars, restaurants and condos there and a real hip, artsy atmosphere. I wouldn't hesitate to live there. In fact, some of the 30-somethings that I work with love it there, as opposed to the very Dallas-ish atmosphere that is So7. It's a little more low-key and Fort Worth-ish, if that makes any sense. The Fairmount residential neighborhood just south of Magnolia is a little bit sketchy, but it's up and coming. Trust your good judgment if you're house shopping there.

Central Market is farther west...not in the same neighborhood at all, but very close and easy to get to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2011, 12:40 PM

82 posts, read 221,871 times
Not knowing FW at all, these neighborhoods aren't familiar to me. We may also look in the UT Arlington area just to see if there is an area we may be interested in, but will be renting initially. We already have 2 mortgages and am not wanting to go for a 3rd until one sells. I assume I would be having to deal with nasty traffic if moving to FW as opposed to Arlington.

Old 09-01-2011, 12:41 PM

13,384 posts, read 25,747,031 times
Look in Fort Worth. Nothing like that in Arlington.

Old 09-01-2011, 02:57 PM

36 posts, read 90,168 times
Arlington? Lawdy lawd...mayyyybe around UTA. But I would really look into Fort Worth instead.
There's a lot of nice areas around downtown, especially on West 7th.

Old 09-02-2011, 06:18 AM

446 posts, read 649,442 times
When I see "artsy", "progressive", "urban", et cetera in a suburban wasteland like Arlington, I will eat my own shorts...

You will find none of those in Arlington. As previous posters have said, check out Fort Worth's urban core. West 7th, Monticello, Downtown, and Magnolia/Rosedale are good places to look into. Fairmount is cool too... despite what a previous poster said, it ain't really "sketchy". Used to be about 10 years ago, but it's come up a lot to where it's quite safe today.

Old 09-27-2011, 11:15 PM

103 posts, read 102,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinajack View Post
whaaaa???? we are proud of our conservatism there,
Not everyone in Arlington would agree with that.

Old 09-27-2011, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketabcha View Post
Sundance is very artsy.

Disagree. Nothing artsy about Sundance - it's retail and overpriced lofts. It could have been artsy if the Bass family had any class and had created a Texas artisan community, with stores selling only Texas-made products. Instead, it's just stores selling china-made junk.

I'm frankly not sure why anyone, including artists, would want to live in a downtown area of any city, with all the traffic, noise, grime and crime and indigents running around.

Old 09-30-2011, 10:08 AM

12 posts, read 36,740 times
Default Arlington?

"I'm frankly not sure why anyone, including artists, would want to live in a downtown area of any city, with all the traffic, noise, grime and crime and indigents running around"

This sounds like arlington. just throw in a clan of kids in ed hardy t's and every chain known to man. Fort worth is not for everybody, the rest can live in filth in arlington.

Old 09-30-2011, 04:00 PM

14 posts, read 95,381 times
I agree with everyone suggestion look around West 7th street. You will find all sorts of happening places, Food, Music, Bars. If you are looking for Condos you can check Montgomery Plaza. There is also gated community across the street behind Amli apt which has very good condos. Everything is walking distance from these place. Best thing I like about that area is you can walk up to Trinity River trail and sit there read book or just walk around. It is really peaceful place.
Here is the link to all the places on west 7th Street. http://www.west-7th.com/

Old 10-01-2011, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wftw View Post
This sounds like arlington. just throw in a clan of kids in ed hardy t's and every chain known to man. Fort worth is not for everybody, the rest can live in filth in arlington.
Yeah, Fort Worth is SO clean and has no retail chains.

Didn't realize this was a competition between Arlington and FW.

I am NO fan or supporter of Arlington, but don't make FW out to be some high and mighty pristine city . . . it has it's own good and bad heritage, and currently is a mix of clean/dirty, upscale/poverty, progressive/stale, etc. - like ANY city in America today. Some are just better, some are just worse than others.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth