Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-23-2013, 10:35 PM

1 posts, read 1,103 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone,
We are a couple of professionals in our mid 30's, we are originally from South America and have lived in the US for about 13 years, mainly in Kansas. My wife and I have made the decision to move to Fort Worth, I am applying for Graphic Designer jobs and hope to find one during this time until we move. I decided to do it this way as applying from here did not work out for me. I'm thinking that by moving by a certain date will encourage recruiters to consider me more seriously. The other ordeal of our move is finding an apartment. We have read so many bad reviews that we are starting to feel like is going to be really difficult to find what we want. We would like to live in Fort Worth somewhere in the north or northeast areas, a place that in the event I get a job in Dallas, the commute would not be so bad, I'm willing to drive up til 30 mins one way if I have to (please keep road construction in mind). Our budget for and apartment is between $800 to $900 and we would love a 2 bedroom apartment but would settle for a 1 bedroom if that means a better area. We are concerned about ending up near the so called ghettos. We don't have kids so the schools aren't a concern, we just want a safe quiet area where we can live and enjoy our selves. If someone can give me some tips on apartment complex names in this area within our budget that would be great. We will be visiting the area in a couple weeks and would like to have reliable information to make the best out of it and hopefully find the right place for us. I appreciate any help in advance.
Andy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2013, 05:00 AM

11,855 posts, read 26,872,645 times
You need to find the job before deciding where to live. DFW is HUGE and commutes here can be very lengthy. Driving from Fort Worth to Dallas every day is not a good idea, and it takes a lot longer than 30 minutes!

Old 06-27-2013, 09:44 PM

3 posts, read 2,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andybay View Post
Hi everyone,
We are a couple of professionals in our mid 30's, we are originally from South America and have lived in the US for about 13 years, mainly in Kansas. My wife and I have made the decision to move to Fort Worth, I am applying for Graphic Designer jobs and hope to find one during this time until we move. I decided to do it this way as applying from here did not work out for me. I'm thinking that by moving by a certain date will encourage recruiters to consider me more seriously. The other ordeal of our move is finding an apartment. We have read so many bad reviews that we are starting to feel like is going to be really difficult to find what we want. We would like to live in Fort Worth somewhere in the north or northeast areas, a place that in the event I get a job in Dallas, the commute would not be so bad, I'm willing to drive up til 30 mins one way if I have to (please keep road construction in mind). Our budget for and apartment is between $800 to $900 and we would love a 2 bedroom apartment but would settle for a 1 bedroom if that means a better area. We are concerned about ending up near the so called ghettos. We don't have kids so the schools aren't a concern, we just want a safe quiet area where we can live and enjoy our selves. If someone can give me some tips on apartment complex names in this area within our budget that would be great. We will be visiting the area in a couple weeks and would like to have reliable information to make the best out of it and hopefully find the right place for us. I appreciate any help in advance.
Andy
Hey Andy, Fort Worth is a pretty chill place I think you'll like it better than Kansas. Finding an apartment in that range will be really easy for you guys. You guys can try an apartment locator. Also, what I do is use google maps, just type in fort worth and press search. Then type in apartments, search. A whole bunch of apartments will show up on the map and you just put your cursor on each dot and then click on the website or search the apartment name in google and go to the website and look at the price. Then what I do is go on Yelp.com. I'll put in some store I like, for example I would like to live near a Whole Foods and some asian restaurants and a park. Then I pick some apartments near there. In Texas we have Central Market, it's way better than Whole Foods.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
View detailed profiles of: