U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2007, 07:25 PM

50 posts, read 183,331 times

Advertisements

Hi. we're moving into the Fort Worth area and are considering Aledo....any comments/suggestions ? We have a couple of middle school aged kids.

Thanks
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2007, 10:40 PM

3,855 posts, read 12,271,698 times
Aledo is a good school. Can't go wrong there IMO.

The town seems to be super supportive of the school and the school sports programs. That's the kind of pride you can only find in a tight knit community of a small town. It kinda reminds me of Friday Night Lights if you know what I'm refering to. The high school and football/track stadium is newly built and it is beautiful.

Old 09-01-2007, 12:24 AM

32,613 posts, read 51,207,313 times
run a search and see what has been posted in past 6 mo--lots of comments

Old 09-03-2007, 09:12 AM

17 posts, read 90,549 times
We just moved here in March. Actually we are in Annetta (a suburb of Aledo--Ha). We are in the Aledo School district though. We like it a lot. The kids like there schools. I felt the same way that drjones said. The businesses along 1187 post banners in support of the local sports teams.

Old 09-07-2007, 05:29 AM

3,494 posts, read 13,400,357 times
cant go wrong there! aledo is a great town! enjoy!

Old 09-12-2007, 09:32 PM

2 posts, read 7,141 times
Default Aledo ?

We are also looking into Aledo. I really like the prices of homes there and also the ratings of the schools. My only question is that my 12 year daughter is a basketball player, does the high school have a good sports program and also since 91% of the community is white I would like an honest opinion on how my kids would adjust to school as we are East Indian.

Let me know your comments...

Old 03-22-2008, 03:17 PM

24 posts, read 99,758 times
Is it really expensive to live there? And are the property taxes high? Also, are there any walmarts, targets, kmarts, etc. nearby?

Old 07-08-2008, 04:02 PM

1 posts, read 3,767 times
Default Researching Aledo

I would like to move to Aledo. I have some concerns it being 95% white, I am an african american. I have heard good things about and some bad. I just want to know will my family be able to feel comfortable in this town?

Old 07-09-2008, 02:28 AM

142 posts, read 382,916 times
Aledo, Annetta, and Willow Park is really nice...We looked and looked before we finally found this little peace of heaven. You can actually find a couple of acres or just an acre with a nice house and have a lot of shopping and resturants close by. There is a Super Walmart in Hudson Oaks. Weatherford is growing in all directions and lots of shopping and resturants are coming in there. The Willow Park Exit is 418 and many fast food, gas stations,nail salon,curves,hairstylist,Railhead BBQ and many others. We have some friends moving here from NY and they fell in love with Willow Park just like we did.
They are looking for a house here before school starts. They have there eye on a certain one and are going this weekend to check it out. Its like on two acres with a HUGE workshop and someone has already remodeled. Realtor said they are asking 192,000... WOW...we were so stoked for them as that is a awesome deal considering the shop is 30x50 and it has a back lot that the realtor says they can build on in the future. However, I doubt they would ever...I could see them fencing it in and having a couple of horses. I laughed and told them we might put ours up for sale and buy that!HA!

Aledo schools are great and the Weatherford school system is good too...Hard to go wrong here. We have noticed things don't stay on the market very long here so if you find something you like I would suggest moving quickly. When we found our place there were two people behind us with back up contracts just in case we changed our minds for whatever reason.

One cool thing about Willow Park is Lake Weatherford...you can take a nice stroll through the hood down to the lake to fish or bird/boat watch....When the weather is nice we walk.....during the hot season we take the golf cart!

I think the kids would have no problem as I went to a function at Aledo and Weatherford last year and I seen a mixture of children. I would not see any reason why anyone would be prejudice here. Out in town also there is black,whites,indian and hispanic. One of my closest neighbors are hispanic and I never thought anything about it..... Come on out...we would love to have some new neighbors!

I hope this helps someone!
Cheers!

Old 07-09-2008, 11:11 AM

1,365 posts, read 2,398,467 times
I lived there, graduated form high school there in 2000. It is a good school, sports are big, can't say the people would be very open racially though. Maybe things have changed now. I'm white and living there kinda wore on me after a while. All these people trying to create their perfect little utopia not knowing anything beyond the boundaries of Aledo. Just my first hand account.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth