Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2006, 01:29 PM

8 posts, read 22,169 times

Advertisements

My husband just got transferred to Fort Worth and we are looking at buying a house in a somewhat rural area. We do like shooping and restaurants, though, so we need someplace close to Costcos/Walmart, etc...Which area is nicer Haslet or Justin? We like both of these, but are they too rural??? Help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2006, 09:27 AM

121 posts, read 814,169 times
Well, it's difficult to be in a rural area that's close to the city comforts. However, I know there are homes in Haslet on nice sized lots that are only about ten minutes away from a Wal Mart and a couple of grocery stores, as well as your typical shopping center stuff. The area is growing very quickly though, so it's hard to say how long it will be even a little bit "rural."

Old 10-10-2006, 11:55 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,173,926 times
I would say Haslet's rural character is not long for this world, with Alliance Airport and all the associated development just up the road. It's amazing how fast that area is changing. FM 156 used to be a relaxing drive. Not any more, unless one gets north of Justin.

Old 11-03-2006, 11:36 PM

56 posts, read 388,985 times
Dont move to Justin. Its tiny. I used to work there. Theres like 4-5 fast food places, and a handfull of restaurants. The town shuts down at like 8pm. And yes 156 is the worst road to travel, between the cement trucks doing about 85mph and the other 50 million work trucks.

I would check out Haslet, Benbrook, or Cleburne.

Old 04-26-2007, 02:42 PM

17 posts, read 51,826 times
Default 8pm?

town shuttin' down at 8pm doesn't sound like a bad thing...what would you need to do after that anyway? as far as the traffic...if it's just on the main road and doesn't get back around the houses that doesn't sound too terrible either...I live on US 50 (in southern OH)about 25ft off the road and THAT's noisy as all get out, but if you were off a side street back a bit I suspect it'd be ok...

Old 04-26-2007, 03:06 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,827,062 times
haslet/alliance airport area is really growing -- saw where Best Buy is building new store in that mall area--
the only problem w/this area is that Haslet is just flat as a glass-cooktop range---no trees except what you buy at the nurseries--makes a pretty desolate landscape to me...
Justin area has more topography and trees but it is more isolated---
you need to factor in where your husband is working and check drive time--getting into fort worth from haslet is not quick and will be getting slower as building increases
Same w/Justin since it is even farther out there....

Old 04-26-2007, 04:45 PM

1,379 posts, read 6,423,963 times
We are building in Haslet and are really excited about it. Everything is "moving North" as quite a few people have told me. Ross Perot Jr has been working on developing the regional mall in Alliance and I have been told that they are going to be extending 170 to 287.

So while today it will take us 15 - 20 mins to get to the grocery store, things are going to be coming out there.

As far as it being not having any trees, there are trees out there its just not heavily forrested. I like the fact that we can drive through the neighborhood and see cows and horses on nearby ranches.

Here is a link to one of the shopping properties (it is actually right outside of Heritage off of I-35W

http://www.alliancetexas.com/Alliance/Features+&+Amenities/Alliance+Town+Center (broken link)

Last edited by Guingirl; 04-26-2007 at 04:47 PM.. Reason: link added

Old 04-26-2007, 09:22 PM

Location: I live on the East Bank of the middle fork of Lewisville. Sun sets over lake which is below a cliff.
3 posts, read 8,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenichelle View Post
My husband just got transferred to Fort Worth and we are looking at buying a house in a somewhat rural area. We do like shooping and restaurants, though, so we need someplace close to Costcos/Walmart, etc...Which area is nicer Haslet or Justin? We like both of these, but are they too rural??? Help!
Grapevine is the place!

Old 04-26-2007, 09:31 PM

215 posts, read 984,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by agoodcoitus View Post
Grapevine is the place!
IF YOU ARE RICH AND CAN KEEP UP WITH THE JONES

Old 05-01-2007, 11:43 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,827,062 times
there are homes in Grapevine that are reasonable priced--there just are very few houses w/large lots and almost none that have 3 car garages that list for under 350-400...they go fast when they turn up...

Grapevine does have some upwardly mobile families especially since some homes are in Carroll ISD...but it is nice historic downtown and fairly convenient to other towns ...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth