U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-27-2008, 09:53 PM

186 posts, read 1,021,039 times

Advertisements

If your west of Hulen the housing and neighborhoods are in general a lot better. I would not go east of Hulen. The area has changed a lot the past 5 years. The school system is also changing things a bit for next year. The 5th grade will not be in the elem. school any longer. I think the elem. schools are good but you don't want to go to the middle school on up.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2008, 05:26 PM

17 posts, read 77,147 times
Agreed. The area around Southwest HS and where N. Crowley are were the areas to live in when I was growing up. Recently I went back into the area to look into some RE investments. Wow, things have changed and not for the better.

Old 10-16-2008, 02:05 PM

4 posts, read 10,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by margessay View Post
I have lived in Poynter Crossing for 3 years this month. Moved here from Michigan. I love my Fox and Jacob home. A private home inspector that I hired before my closing was very impressed. I could never afford this in Michigan. I have heard of some crime in the neighberhood a few streets back, but have not been affected by any myself. The people on my street are hardworking and the children well behaved and polite. I do not have young children any more so am not involved in the schools. Crime is everywhere and you must take steps for yourself in order to not be involved.
My garage is cleaned out so my car is inside at all times. I do not shop or drive at nite. My windows are not unlocked or open in my home, I do not mention or brag about any assets I own. I get in my car, lock it, then open the garage door. This sounds like horrible things to have to do, but it is what you should do anywhere not just in this area. I did this in MI. In the daytime I freely work in my yard, but lock the door from the garage going into my house. I wave and say HI to my neighbors but stay to myself. It was a culture shock when I moved down here. I would say that there is only about 5% of my race in this sub. Hope to stay here for quite awhile.
Was going to move to your neighborhood but they sold out. What do you think of the other Fox and Jacobs subdivision Parkview. Also, is your and the surrounding neighborhoods racially diverse?

Alavista

Old 04-10-2009, 10:07 AM

1 posts, read 3,874 times
Do not bring your children into the Crowley ISD school system if you care about them getting a quality education. I am a teacher in one of its middle schools and can tell you that things are rapidly deteriorating. Only one school district in the area (Everman) has test scores that are worse than ours. We are even being beat out by Fort Worth ISD. Discipline problems are abundant and bullying is very prevalent. Most of the good teachers have left and those that are left are trapped in Crowley by the current economy. It has nothing to do with demographics; it is about a lack of progressive leadership.

Old 04-10-2009, 10:43 AM

77,813 posts, read 91,547,540 times
has anyone checked this posting? It is 3 years old, hardly meaningful anymore. I wonder what the Op did?

Nita

Old 04-12-2009, 08:00 AM

32,551 posts, read 51,112,793 times
frankly I wish the people who manage this entire site would prevent anyone from adding NEW posts to thread that was more than 6 months old--it could be pulled up on a search and read for the info there but it could not be resurrected like this one and all the others that come up on a daily basis...

almost every day on just the Dallas/FTW boards there are one or two of these zombie threads that come back to life-- I don't really frequent other boards to say if the same thing happens there or not...but it is totally frustrating to me when the OP of the thread is often long-gone and the new post is either off-topic to certain extent or someone who has similar question but specific to that person's situation and needs a new thread...many times it is just a gratuitous comment not asking for info at all

Old 02-04-2010, 04:40 PM

14 posts, read 33,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
frankly I wish the people who manage this entire site would prevent anyone from adding NEW posts to thread that was more than 6 months old--it could be pulled up on a search and read for the info there but it could not be resurrected like this one and all the others that come up on a daily basis...

almost every day on just the Dallas/FTW boards there are one or two of these zombie threads that come back to life-- I don't really frequent other boards to say if the same thing happens there or not...but it is totally frustrating to me when the OP of the thread is often long-gone and the new post is either off-topic to certain extent or someone who has similar question but specific to that person's situation and needs a new thread...many times it is just a gratuitous comment not asking for info at all
Why do you care? I know you gave an explanation, but really... if you know it's a old post, don't click on it - SIMPLE!

Anyway...

We sold our home in Fox Run last year. We moved there in 2000 and it was a nice place/neighborhood, but it just went down hill from there. We really liked our home, but were not going to send our son to Crowley ISD. Even with the first time buyers program, we took the 1st offer we got and suffered we figured a 10k loss.

FYI there were over 100 homes sold in the Fox Run/Poyenter Crossing subdivions last year.

Looking back we never really had a problem with any one, but we just got sick of the daily cars driving with the music full blast at 0200 and the kids cursing... These were not teenagers, 8-10 year olds using very harsh language right in front of their house!! It never failed, everytime I would go out in the front yard to water or whatever.

I would hear pretty often about home break-in's and cars being broken into/stolen. I had a good friend of mine have his weedeater stolen from his garage when he was mowing his back yard! Also a few years back a friend of mine had their neighbors daughter mugged in front of their house!

We moved to the Aledo area and love it.

Old 02-05-2010, 07:54 AM

32,551 posts, read 51,112,793 times
We DON"T know that it was original started at some time in the past

there is no way to tell if a thread listed at top of the board was started that day or a year or two years ago because the newest posted reply is the date showing ...
sometimes these threads are 3 pages long and the current question/reply is (of course) the last one...so it takes more time than if the new post IS the first/only one...

Old 06-23-2011, 11:19 PM

1 posts, read 2,687 times
Well now its 2011, I lived in the Hulen Bend Area, Crowley ISD about ten years ago and loved it. I have recently been thinking about moving back to the area but these post give me reason to be concerned... Does anyone know what the area and the school district are like now???

Old 06-24-2011, 07:17 AM

15 posts, read 21,221 times
Im from Florida too and chose the Crowley area when we moved here in 1999. Wow! Thought I was getting a little country area. Not so. Sad thing about the area is all the short sales and foreclosures have brought down the values of the homes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth