U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-12-2006, 10:06 PM

34 posts, read 251,116 times

Advertisements

I'm looking at Poynter Crossing, a subdivision by Fox and Jacob builders. It's located in Soth FortWorth in Crowley ISD. Is this a safe neighborhood?

How's Crowley ISD?

Does anyone have an opinion on Poynter Crossing/Fox and Jacob homes (good or bad)?
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2006, 11:43 AM

138 posts, read 710,715 times
Crowley ISD it good to the best of my knowledge. Crowley consists of middle income to expensive homes. I am not familiar with the Poynter Crossing development.

Fox and Jacobs. All is can say is check it out, first.

Old 10-22-2006, 05:01 PM

48 posts, read 188,908 times
hi .. i live right down the block from poynter crossing.. we actually saw the website when we were still living in FL. The Fox and Jacobs (Poynter crossing) houses are reall cheap. You can get a real deal. I was not impressed with them though all that much. But you may like them. I have a son that goes to North Crowley high, there has been in the past two months a bomb threat and a kid got arrested for a gun threat. We jut moved here four months ago from FL. It has been very interesting, lol. We have two children in Dallas Park Elementary, very nice school. We also have one in Sue Crouch, that is the intermediate school they just built for fifth and sixth graders, seems like a great school. I know I have only been here four months, but my husband and I are not crazy about the area. We actually have our home up from sale and plan on moving back to our originally home state of New York. Miss the four seasons and HATE the heat here. I don't think TX is for everyone. But good luck to you finding a home. Texas first homes are beautiful, the model center is right around the block from me. Good quality homes with lots of nice added features. A little more expensive, but in my opinion definitley worth it.

Old 11-07-2006, 02:05 AM

16 posts, read 76,199 times
We have lived in Crowley ISD for 7 years and our daughter currently attends the Sue Crouch Intermediate school after attending Oakmont Elementary for 6 years. We picked the area due to the good school ratings but it's gone downhill since. The area has several apartment complexes which contribute to more students coming in and out of the schools and lower test scores. There seems to be an overall issue w/many parents not wanting to parent and having kids who misbehave. The issues have gotten increasingly worse amongst the students every year that my daughter has been in the district and we will be out of the district starting next year.

If you are open to locations, it seems like the Keller area (north of FW) is doing well on school ratings and has lots of great builders to choose from.

Old 06-30-2007, 11:26 PM

1 posts, read 9,348 times
Thumbs down Dont Do It

Realizing that the question was posted a year ago, I realize that my reply may be too late for that couple. However, I feel like someone else might have the same question and stumble across this page today or in the future. So, here is my educated opinion. Background: My divorced mom bought a home in Fox Run, the Fox and Jacobs neighborhood adjacent to Poynter Crossing, in 2000. She chose the neighborhood because 1)it was cheap and 2) it was in the North Crowley area. At the time, NCHS was one of the best high schools in FW. I graduated at NC a few years ago, and now my younger brother attends high school there. I have since graduated from UT. Please, please, please, take this into consideration before you buy here: IT IS NOT A SAFE NEIGHBORHOOD. My first car was broken into IN MY DRIVEWAY in 2002. I got a call this past May, 2006, that OUR HOUSE WAS BROKEN INTO DURING THE MIDDLE OF THE DAY. The year I graduated, a kid in my class was murdered. In the years that followed, there were several gang related deaths, and subsequently the majority of the African American students came to school wearing red tall T's. Not surprisingly, the school quickly banned red t-shirts. Fox and Jacobs homes are cheaply built, the neighborhood associations are more concerned with fining owners for weeds in their yard than neighborhood crime and hoodlums, and the schools are going down the drain more and more every year. I graduated the last year that NCHS was a reputable school, and that was several years back(Check the TAKS scores, please, to confirm this). FWISD has too many disruptive students and kicks them out of the district. Where do they go?? CROWLEY ISD. DO NOT BUY A HOUSE IN THIS AREA. HOMES ARE DEPRICIATING. The area was once an up and coming area because of the good schools, but those days are long gone. Good luck.

Old 07-06-2007, 11:17 PM

1 posts, read 9,299 times
Wink Stay Away

We moved to Crowley about 4 and a half years ago. It was different then. We didn't know the school district went all the way into South Fort Worth. The demagraphics have changed incredibly in the last 5 years. The schools are over crowded and very ROUGH. There is section eight housing everywhere, and my children go to school with gangsters. We waited about a year too long to try to sell our house and get the heck out. Most of the houses they are building are encouraging a certain element to live in our area. Crowley has no rules about building standards, so cheap, disposable housing is everywhere. If you like Harlem or Compton, you'll feel right at home. My advice, if you're decent, educated, drive a nice car or have good kids, don't move to Crowley school district.

Last edited by AustinTraveler; 07-07-2007 at 09:01 AM.. Reason: Celebrating Kwanza does not make you a gangster; we do not allow racism here.

Old 07-25-2007, 09:58 AM

1 posts, read 9,199 times
Default Living In Poynter Crossing

I have lived in Poynter Crossing for 3 years this month. Moved here from Michigan. I love my Fox and Jacob home. A private home inspector that I hired before my closing was very impressed. I could never afford this in Michigan. I have heard of some crime in the neighberhood a few streets back, but have not been affected by any myself. The people on my street are hardworking and the children well behaved and polite. I do not have young children any more so am not involved in the schools. Crime is everywhere and you must take steps for yourself in order to not be involved.
My garage is cleaned out so my car is inside at all times. I do not shop or drive at nite. My windows are not unlocked or open in my home, I do not mention or brag about any assets I own. I get in my car, lock it, then open the garage door. This sounds like horrible things to have to do, but it is what you should do anywhere not just in this area. I did this in MI. In the daytime I freely work in my yard, but lock the door from the garage going into my house. I wave and say HI to my neighbors but stay to myself. It was a culture shock when I moved down here. I would say that there is only about 5% of my race in this sub. Hope to stay here for quite awhile.

Old 07-25-2007, 11:43 AM

3,855 posts, read 12,261,270 times
Yeah, it used to be a great area. When we were looking at buying 5 years ago we looked at the Fox Jacobs homes going up in Fox Run and quickly determined that these houses were pretty shabby...affordable but soo sooo cheaply built. So we bought in the Garden springs neighborhood with Choice homes. They're somewhat better. But we get overflow from the undesirables in Fox Run. It seems that they are venturing their way into our neighborhood breaking into cars, stealing cars (my wife's) and generally pissing me off.

Old 02-26-2008, 01:26 PM

2 posts, read 13,514 times
Default Thanks

Hello , I just wanted to say thanks for all the replies in this forum. Me and my wife are newly married and have been looking to buy a home. We came across a home in this area and really liked it. I can safely say that now we are taking the area out of our list. About the area I can only say that I spoke to a home owner yesterday and he stated that he would not of moved there if he would have known what the area would have turned into. Thank you

Old 02-26-2008, 02:05 PM
JJG

13,582 posts, read 20,446,941 times
Just wanted to say... Go PANTHERS !!! (North Crowley High, class of '07 and resident of South Meadow). The Southwest Fort Worth area is a good place to live. You'll have some problems, of course. But overall the CISD has good neighborhoods. Especially around S. Hulen and NCHS.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth