Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-05-2012, 04:11 PM

26 posts, read 48,902 times

Advertisements

I'm pretty fed up with TWC and wanted to know if anyone in N. Arlington was using anything else? (seems pretty limited here)

My uplink is horrible and my downlink constantly goes down or hangs (which ruins my work and costs me time and money).

AT&T also doesn't meet my needs on account of having to use their DSL modem. I have to use my own personal router or be able to have DD-WRT firmware on it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2012, 06:37 PM

38 posts, read 58,924 times
I have my own wireless router behind an ATT DSL modem. Why do you believe you can't do this?

Old 03-05-2012, 06:54 PM

26 posts, read 48,902 times
Spoke with three AT&T reps who in not so clear terms, implied the router they provide is mandatory and locked down to the point of not allowing a signal out to another router or device.

How is your service?

Old 03-05-2012, 08:04 PM

38 posts, read 58,924 times
I got my DSL in 2011. The service came with a Westell ASDL modem. My understanding was that you can get the service with either A.) a modem/Wireless router, or B.) just a modem. I chose B.

One snag I did run into is that the basic modem is set by default to also be the router. I suppose that would allow you to put a 4 port hub behind it. Anyway, a little googling told me how to change the setting to disable routing. This cleared the way to put my router behind it. The access code (password) for the modem is on a tag on the back of the modem. I'm now running a Linksys wireless router behind it.

The service is good. Much better than the satellite service it replaced.

Old 03-07-2012, 06:16 PM

34 posts, read 53,906 times
I have uverse in central arlington and the signal quality is pretty reliable. 12/1.5 Mbps and pretty stable at those speeds. HOWEVER my bill has been wrong every single month since I have had it (around 6 months) and am thinking of switching for that reason alone, I am so tired of fighting it. I have been able to run an airport express behind the provided gateway just fine. It has 4 wired ports on the back plus the wifi portion.

Is there any alternative to cable and satellite in arlington? To the best of my knowledge is we don't get fios anywhere in the area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth