Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2012, 12:12 PM

690 posts, read 1,729,147 times

Advertisements

Your husband will be going with the flow of traffic. Traffic on I-20 can get heavier through arlington
especially where the arlington mall (The parks mall) is at on I-20 to 360 and possibly up to 161/tollway. This would be a four or five mile section.
Depending where exactly your husbands job is located he will definetly be hitting this area of
360 or the bush tollway/161.

The portion of Hulen your looking at and Bryant Irvin. Traffic can be slightly heavy at any time of day
at those intersections. Not as much on Hulen than Bryant Irvin.
The tollway construction from Fort Worth may be of a concern to consider.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2012, 12:45 PM

30 posts, read 54,188 times
I dont know how to drive. Being from NYC I never needed to learn so Im assuming this is a rough area for a new driver? Can you recommend an area or areas to look at between Fort Worth and Grand Prairie??? Im a Legal Secretary so I want to be close to the Court Houses in FW (assuming thats where most Firms are). Hubby's Job APL Logistics.

Trying to find a place to establish a home blindly is so hard

Old 02-08-2012, 01:54 PM

We are helping as much as we can, please don't take offense.

Disclaimer:
(
I hope this does not get me in trouble,using links that is. Maybe I should just use the disclaimer that I seen it used by additional forums and I use it myself now. You should check with realtor.com, a realtor who services in relocating personnel or an apartment finder service to really help you
).

rental finder:
Apartments for Rent - PadMapper Apartment Search for Oodle, Apartments.com, Rent.com, Kijiji, and Craigslist Apartments

I did a search on the apartment you requested, it has good reviews of that location.

Fort Worth does have a bus system, the courthouse, downtown by auto is only about ten to fifteen
miles.
Fort Worth bus system:
Trinity Railway Express (TRE)

The area you have chosen is a good one. But that is only my opinion.

Old 02-08-2012, 02:29 PM

160 posts, read 198,215 times
I like it too, from the sound of it.

Old 02-08-2012, 03:17 PM

30 posts, read 54,188 times
None taken. You have help me tremendously thus far. I will take your advice to heart. Now I just have to land a J-O-B!!!!

Again thank you all!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-08-2012, 08:45 PM

Register on the Texas and look for a job until you can actually get down here and sign up
with a temp service. I am sure your browsing the careerbuilder.com and other internet
job boards for something in your career preference.

Texas workforce website:

https://wit.twc.state.tx.us/WORKINTE...kiecheckflag=1
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth