Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2012, 09:16 PM

160 posts, read 198,692 times

Advertisements

Tx, all. Hm.
Christie, I was asssuming Dallas would be more expensive and also somewhat more crime-prone than FW. Are there walkable areas you are thinking of that are in my price range? You seem to have a neighborhood or two in mind. (Oh, and it is enormously helpful, whoever did this, that you named streets along with neighborhoods. The apartment-search tools online and the Walkscore site and basic things like Google maps are much much easier to use if I have street names. I don't know neighborhoods at all. So7 I have heard of before, as being the part of 7th St. that runs between downtown and the Arts District, but finding it on a map was hellacious. (These maps are like doing flyovers. I'm like a helicopter pilot who doesn't know which way Arlington is from downtown Dallas. Actually I have no idea if Dallas has a downtown, though I assume it must. I don't know if it's a downtown like FW's downtown or LA's, though.))
Bookstores. Stick me near a bookstore and a safe bike trail and i could be happy enough.
Identifying a bookstore from a helicopter is beyond my recons skills, alas.
Mmmph.
Maybe I will strike oil and move to So7 that way.
Or maybe I will dig a small hole in the ground and stare stupidly at the ants.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2012, 10:18 PM

690 posts, read 1,733,133 times
To SYWI;

You can click in the map to enlarge the map to street level. The
names of the street will appear.
Use the arrows in the legend to move left or right too.
You can click on a location, it will give you the restaurants or other amenity closeby.
click on one of those items to get a street view.

Here is a link to practice on:
Apartments for Rent - PadMapper Apartment Search for Oodle, Apartments.com, Rent.com, Kijiji, and Craigslist Apartments

You can open multiple internet windows have one window with a map of Fort worth and the second reviewing
the realtor.com link.

Cokesbury 6333 Camp Bowie Boulevard, Fort Worth, TX 76116-5448 Village At Camp Bowie
(817) 763-9560 ‎ cokesbury.com

Barnes and Noble has a large store downtown Fort worth.
Barnes & Noble

store-locator.barnesandnoble.com
[LEFT][LEFT][/LEFT][/LEFT]

Half Price Books are all over the metroplex,
good books and a low price.
Half Price Books

www.halfpricebooks.com

5417 South Hulen Street
Fort Worth
(817) 294-1166

Last edited by RockyJoe817; 02-19-2012 at 10:29 PM.. Reason: added information.

Old 02-19-2012, 10:24 PM

Thank you.

That seems to list currently listed apartments but not apartment complexes per se, is the only trouble I had with that. There have to be more apartment buildings on or around 7th St. than show there....

Eh. Maybe I should just ask: If I live at roughly 5000 S. Hulen St., will I have to shoot someone in self-defense walking my dog at 8 p.m. within, say, two years?

Old 02-19-2012, 10:46 PM

No, definitely not but just keep aware of your surroundings though as any normal person
would.
You may also be jogging close by the new tollway that will be impacting that area too.
Once you move down here, people will tell you personally of locations that they think
may be parts of town to steer away from. But during the daytime you should be good.

Old 02-20-2012, 05:23 AM

Ah, bless you, you added even more good links. Much thanks.

That is good about S. Hulen; because I have my eye on a couple of complexes down there. And while I am surprisingly dangerous to immobile paper silhouette targets, I really don't want to have to find out if I could shoot a person.
(I may be paranoid about the crime thing. I fully admit I am pretty spoiled by 20 years in New York City, which has considerably less crime per capita than Ft. Worth. And Dallas is downright terrifying -- although I suppose it's all location location location; these things usually are. Trouble is, I don't know the locations. :/)

Old 02-20-2012, 06:20 AM

11,888 posts, read 26,995,548 times
Dallas does have several more walk able neighborhoods: Uptown, Oak Lawn (definitely in your price range) and the Village apartments. Dallas and Fort Worth are really no different in crime as long as you stay out of the bad areas of each city. And Dallas public transportation is much better than Fort Worth!

Old 02-20-2012, 07:51 AM

There was an additional poster from relocating from colorado inquiring about the same area.
You may want to peruse the other postings. She asked about a specific apartment complex
on Hulen that had good reviews on the apartment(s) she had selected.

The area south of I-20 has Hulen Mall; tons of restaurants and stores. Just North of I-20 along
the access road, you have the same thing, a strip shopping center with Home Depot a more shops. A branch of the Fort Worth public library is approx a 1/2 mile north of I-20 on Hulen.

Good Luck

Old 02-20-2012, 04:06 PM

Tx, I will look for the thread. I was looking at Hulen Hills and Southern Oaks, myself.
Actually, anyone have any off-the-top-of-the-head reactions on those two?
As long as I'm being annoying.

Old 02-20-2012, 07:09 PM

I found the thread that the apartments had good reviews on the internet.

Cooperfield Apt
6051 South Hulen Street
Fort Worth, TX 76132

*Note: Using my Disclaimer here Boss! /Moderator...
I am not advertising nor I am suggesting. This was a posting question from a previous
city-data forum user including some internet search for apartment reviews.
(1. https://www.city-data.com/forum/fort-...safe-area.html).

Last edited by RockyJoe817; 02-20-2012 at 07:17 PM.. Reason: forgot disclaimer
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth