Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should there be a sub-forum for DFW Suburbs (combined, not seperate)?
Yes 12 40.00%
No 18 60.00%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2009, 02:14 PM
JJG JJG started this thread

13,612 posts, read 22,779,326 times

Advertisements

I believe that there should be a sub-forum for the suburbs in DFW (including Arlington and Denton).

Now to be clear (because alot of posters on the Dallas Sub-forum got confused), this sub-forum will be used for ALL DFW SUBURBS COMBINED. That's Arlington, Grand Prairie, Plano, Garland, Irving, H-E-B, Grapevine, Denton, Richardson, Duncanville, DeSoto, Cedar Hill, Benbrook, Azle, Halton City, NRH, Richland Hills, Forest Hiil, Frisco, Southlake, Allen, Lancaster, Mansfield, Midlothian, Waxahache, Cleburne, Burleson, McKinney, Mesquite, FM, FB, Crowley, Ennis, Keller, and so on....... ALL COMBINED.

If it doesn't say Dallas or Fort Worth...... then it should be in that thread.
This way, there will be no more questions about Arlington on the Dallas Sub-forum and no more questions about Frisco on the Fort Worth Sub-forum.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2009, 02:54 PM

27 posts, read 97,198 times
Default I don't think it's necessary

How many topics on both boards (FW and Dallas) absolutely have nothing to do with those suburbs? IMO, very few.

Old 03-17-2009, 03:34 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,480,896 times
why bother--the people who make the mistakes are from out of town/state and don't bother to look at a map and see how towns are arranged--
and personally I post on both Fort Worth and Dallas forums--
I think it might be easier to call the FTW thread--Tarrant county
and the Dallas one Dallas/Collin but none of the other threads like San Antonio or Austin are that way and the same problems happen there---

Old 03-17-2009, 07:34 PM

17,314 posts, read 9,128,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
I believe that there should be a sub-forum for the suburbs in DFW (including Arlington and Denton).

Now to be clear (because alot of posters on the Dallas Sub-forum got confused), this sub-forum will be used for ALL DFW SUBURBS COMBINED. That's Arlington, Grand Prairie, Plano, Garland, Irving, H-E-B, Grapevine, Denton, Richardson, Duncanville, DeSoto, Cedar Hill, Benbrook, Azle, Halton City, NRH, Richland Hills, Forest Hiil, Frisco, Southlake, Allen, Lancaster, Mansfield, Midlothian, Waxahache, Cleburne, Burleson, McKinney, Mesquite, FM, FB, Crowley, Ennis, Keller, and so on....... ALL COMBINED.

If it doesn't say Dallas or Fort Worth...... then it should be in that thread.
This way, there will be no more questions about Arlington on the Dallas Sub-forum and no more questions about Frisco on the Fort Worth Sub-forum.....
That's like putting Waco and Dallas/Fort Worth in the same catagory.

I can drive from either Dallas or Fort Worth to Waco faster than I can drive from Benbrook to Frisco or McKinney.

I agree with the county divisions OR to actually combine the DFW area with the first word of every post stating the city/suburb/area interested in. We do have a lot of cross/over but further divisions would make it more difficult to answer the posts.

I think stickys at the top of a DFW forum with each city area highlighted with pictures and a map would be helpful .... let 'er rip after that. Most of us who live in the MetroMess are very familiar with our own areas and also pretty familiar with the surrounding area.

Consolodation seems more reasonable that further division ...

K

Old 03-18-2009, 07:05 PM

4,775 posts, read 8,788,977 times
Leave it the way it is DFW has way too many suburbs to give everyone a seperate forum.

Old 03-18-2009, 07:07 PM

2,893 posts, read 3,473,432 times
Why not have a sub forum for the North DFW area?

Old 03-18-2009, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdogg817 View Post
Leave it the way it is DFW has way too many suburbs to give everyone a seperate forum.
...No.

A seperate forum for all the suburbs COMBINED. That's what I meant.

Old 03-18-2009, 10:11 PM

4,775 posts, read 8,788,977 times
It may work Chicago has a forum just for its suburbs.

Old 03-18-2009, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdogg817 View Post
It may work Chicago has a forum just for its suburbs.
Well apparently, the DFW area doesn't agree. I've made a similar thread like this on the Dallas sub-forum (same title and everything...) and there are more "no's" than "yeses".

Old 03-18-2009, 11:10 PM

27 posts, read 97,198 times
That's because we are Texans
BTW, there are only 10 votes. You are wasting your time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
Well apparently, the DFW area doesn't agree. I've made a similar thread like this on the Dallas sub-forum (same title and everything...) and there are more "no's" than "yeses".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth