U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-22-2012, 12:23 PM

34 posts, read 57,444 times

Advertisements

Hey everyone! My husband and I just moved up to the Keller area
from Houston. We are temporarily staying in an apartment there until we find a house.

Has anyone ever heard of Trails of Marine Creek , i believe its over in the Saginaw area? Is it a pretty safe, quiet area? We are wanting to start a family in the near future, so my next question is about EagleMtn/Saginaw ISD, I read the schools are Boswell HS, Creekview Middle? Are they a recognized school district? Decent schools?
I don't know anything about the area so any info would be great and helpful!
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2012, 04:34 PM

690 posts, read 1,572,824 times
Hello and Good Luck;

Hopefully this subdivision is not located near the railroad tracks.
Other than the the automatic trains and the constant sound of the train horns/Bells/whistles on Main Street just north of 820.
Saginaw is a nice small community with all the amenities of shopping and commute to downtown, it has never really been in the news until recently this week.
In addition; within the metro every other road has some subdivision name to them:
Quail Valley, Quail run, The Woods of this, The Woods of that.
It is easier to tell you about the city than it is to tell you about a specific street(s).
Unless it is a unique home, the subdivisions are becoming cookie cutter with a smaller back yard and a smaller front yard as well.
If you are comfortable with the location, price, and other amenities to eventually raise a family. It may possibly be the place for you. Other than speaking to the salesperson, did you have a chance to drive the neighborhood, or talk to people in the homes by where you would like to live in. Visit the area at different times of the day to get a perspective of the relative surroundings.

You will also be close to the Tarrant County College Northwest campus.

Here are some links that may come in handy some day for information:
City Website:
Saginaw, TX - Official Website

Schools:
DFW School report card:
2009-10 School Report Card

GreatSchools - Public and Private School Ratings, Reviews and Parent Community
National Center for Education Statistics:
Search for Public Schools
Schools on the West side:
Schools Information / Public School Websites

Metro information area at top of city-data.com dallas web page (sticky has much information):
//www.city-data.com/forum/dalla...ex-dallas.html

Crime and Taxes:

Crime spotter:
Fort worth crime map:
Crime Information | Fort Worth, Texas, Police Department
Taxes:
Tarrant County Tax Assessor/Collector

Old 02-23-2012, 10:23 AM

39 posts, read 69,365 times
yes we almost bought in there but we decided to buy in Watersbend (another Plantation homes community) the area is very nice, we just wanted a more master planned community. Right now I live right down boatclub in Marine Creek Meadows.

Old 03-29-2014, 03:25 PM

1 posts, read 1,370 times
Default How do you like it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RnC291 View Post
yes we almost bought in there but we decided to buy in Watersbend (another Plantation homes community) the area is very nice, we just wanted a more master planned community. Right now I live right down boatclub in Marine Creek Meadows.
Hello! I know it's been a while since you posted on this thread but my husband and I are looking at moving into a Plantation home in Watersbend and I was wondering how you liked it. The area is still growing a lot, but have you enjoyed the area and your neighbors? I wish I knew more about how it's supposed to develop, like is Wagley Robertson was going to expand, if any parks are coming to the area, etc. I'd appreciate any insight you have for me!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth