Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2008, 11:14 PM

1 posts, read 3,260 times

Advertisements

I'm a homeowner in the Oak Crest Estates area of Euless, TX. We've received offers of $8000 with $750 minimum. I've done the research, and talked to a large number of neighbors, and the concensus is that we are being shortchanged. We all agree the offer needs to be in the $20s to be comparible to other neighborhoods...especially due to the locatation of the drilling site. I've contacted 2 other drilling companies, and they are in talks with a coordinator in our neighborhood. Any ideas for upping the value?
All thoughts would be appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2008, 10:41 AM
DFF

26 posts, read 195,027 times
The value of minerals in that area are estimated by some to be over $1.5 million per acre. You can "sell" (donate) most of that to the big boys for a signing bonus under $ 0.022 million per acre if you want. See my blog for some other analysis -- enjoy it!: So Where Is This Going?.

Old 04-03-2008, 12:17 PM

13,495 posts, read 37,319,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crossroad View Post
can someone please recommend a couple good apartment complexes in Bedford? One bedroom rent range: $650 -1000. Thanks, CR
Apartments.com - Search Results

I'm not from the area so I can't help by telling you which ones are actually nice or safe. But you may want to just do a preliminary search and it'll give you an idea of what you would like. Maybe someone will be able to offer input on your choices. Also, I put 850 as a max so of course, you can raise that.

Apartment Ratings - Apartments for Rent with Ratings and Reviews from Actual Renters

You MIGHT be able to get a bit of an idea about your choices from this site. Actually, I wouldn't take it as Gospel though because very few apartment reviews are good. I guess the people who are happy there never bother to let others know.

Good luck in your search.

Old 04-03-2008, 02:13 PM

3,086 posts, read 7,582,835 times
NRH has just built a brand new library that will open I think later this month. It is right around the corner from The Venue at Hometown which is a multi use apartment building/business complex.

Old 06-01-2009, 06:47 PM

3 posts, read 7,752 times
Red face Relocating from florida

MY HUSBAND AND I ARE RELOCATING TO THE DFW AREA AND WE HAVE NO KNOWLEDGE OF THE AREA. MY HUSBAND WORK FOR ALBERTSON'S GROCERY AND IS WANTING TO TRANSFER NEAR FT. WORTH, HURST, EULESS, AND NORTH RICHLAND HILLS. CAN SOMEONE GIVE ME SOME IDEAS WHERE TO LOOK FOR APTS. OR VILLAS. WE NEED SOMETHING THAT WILL ALLOW OUR 12 YR. OLD LAB. AND I WOULD LOVE A GATED ENTRY OR ALARM SYSTEM. WE ARE BOTH IN OUR MID THIRTYS AND HAVE NO CHILDREN. WE ALSO WOULD LIKE A GARAGE ATTACHED OR NOT FOR STORAGE. WE WOULD LOVE TO BE CLOSE TO SHOPPING AND DINING. IF ANYONE HAS EVERY BEEN TO ST. PETERSBURG, FL. OR ESTERO,FL. THATS THE BEST WAY TO DESCRIBE WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR BUT A LITTLE MORE AFFORDABLE.
THANKS TO ANYONE WHO CAN HELP IN ADVANCE!

Old 06-02-2009, 08:41 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,487,504 times
first of all--take off the all-caps key please...
and you probably should have started a new thread with your question vs starting up an old one with old info not related to you

you say MORE AFFORDABLE--that means nothing because we don't know what you are paying now

most apts allow pets but you would probably want something with park close by for your lab

nothing like the ocean here but Grapevine has a lake with park area and that is not too far from HEB/NRHills area

some nice apts just north of Grapevine Mills Mall and in Flower Mound--fairly new--don't know prices

Bedford has some nice apts and there are some condos for rent by park called The Boys' Ranch were there is small lake and lots of open ground to take your dog...

finding something with garage attached in apt will be problem--most apts have open/covered parking
but some complexes might have townhome type of rentals

do a google map seach for each town you mentioned and under business run villa or townhomes
you could also cotact RE management companies
people are renting homes...

Old 06-18-2009, 08:24 PM

23 posts, read 73,748 times
Bedford's nice, I've lived there before. Hurst and NRH are dumps. To the lady who's moving here because here husband got a job at Albertson's: just about every store is closing down. You may want to rethink your move -- it's not a stable place to work right now.

Old 06-20-2009, 10:24 AM

45 posts, read 166,827 times
Default Apartments in Bedford

Quote:
Originally Posted by crossroad View Post
can someone please recommend a couple good apartment complexes in Bedford? One bedroom rent range: $650 -1000. Thanks, CR
I don't know of any in Bedford but I suggest that you contact Camden Oasis on American Blvd, Euless that's near Bedford, if you do try there select an apartment on the south side of the complex, it's quieter. The northern end is close to the 183 and there's a lot of traffic noise in the morning 6am on and in the evening 4pm until at least 7pm.

We staid there for a month while looking for a property to the NW of Ft.Worth staff is very nice and the place is very clean or was when we were there. The have a swimming pool and laundromat, again very clean.

Jonathan

Old 06-26-2009, 04:06 PM

17 posts, read 56,320 times
I don't know if anyone rec'd these apts bc I didn't read all of the posts but I'll share my apt complex in Bedford. Its in between Harwood and Bedford Rd and only a couple of miles from Bedford library. Woodbridge Apts.
Now, they are like 20 something years old so if you're looking for luxury, they aren't the ones for you and you'll have to give the apt a good scrub down when you first move in.
But they are quiet, fairly big and cheap. I've never had a problem that wasn't fixed the same day by maintenence and the ladies at the front office are the sweetest women! And we've never had a problem with crime.
The apts are also surrounded by houses priced over $200k so its a nice little area
Hope this helps

Old 07-08-2009, 02:32 AM

45 posts, read 166,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itchin2move View Post
I don't know if anyone rec'd these apts bc I didn't read all of the posts but I'll share my apt complex in Bedford. Its in between Harwood and Bedford Rd and only a couple of miles from Bedford library. Woodbridge Apts.
Now, they are like 20 something years old so if you're looking for luxury, they aren't the ones for you and you'll have to give the apt a good scrub down when you first move in.
But they are quiet, fairly big and cheap. I've never had a problem that wasn't fixed the same day by maintenence and the ladies at the front office are the sweetest women! And we've never had a problem with crime.
The apts are also surrounded by houses priced over $200k so its a nice little area
Hope this helps
They look nice, how far to the airport and what's their minimum rental period.

Jonathan
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth