U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-06-2012, 10:37 PM

242 posts, read 224,814 times

Advertisements

What do you guys know about, or live in Colleyville? I know there are a several very different areas to live there.

We like the area west of 26 called "The Oaks" and another area called "Windview" east of 26. Looked in the "Brentwood" area, but seems like the streets are busy. Would appreciate any knowledgeable input, though.

Even though this is a great ISD, what is the homeschooling presence in Colleyville like (if any)? Arlington has a strong home-schooling community, which I like. Not sure about Colleyville.

What about cliquish SAHMs - is this a problem?

We really like Colleyville as a whole, but don't know if we would "fit in"...we're definitely not "lakeys" (i.e., Westlake, Southlake, etc). We're down-to-earth and practical.

You hear certain stereotypes about Colleyville, and I'm wondering if it actually squares with reality. Any input at all is appreciated.

Thanks!
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2012, 10:03 AM

6,955 posts, read 20,742,168 times
I think it is a nice community. I know folks who live there who are very down to earth. Tami Faye Baker lived there happily and if she could be accepted, anyone can!

I am guessing that you won't find a strong homeschooling community in Colleyville like you will in Arlington or Irving, because Colleyville attract families who want to use public schools. However both Arlington and Irving are very close so if you go that route it shouldn't be a problem to interact with HS families on a regular basis. I know some of the community recreation centers even have daytime activities for HS'lrs (at least Irving does) so I'm sure you'd find your niche if you do homeschool whether you live in CV or elsewhere. Good thing about CGVISD is if home schooling doesn't work out you have a great option in the public schools.

Old 04-08-2012, 02:45 AM

32,551 posts, read 51,102,602 times
Strong homeschooling in NRHills area
my husband works with someone who homeschools his two sons and there are people in their area that they do activities with related to school

agree that Colleyville likely does not have too many--but I know that in Southlake and Colleyville there are some
we saw a few houses when we were home shopping several years ago that were definitely set up as home schools--

The Oaks is west of Lockett--so it is really away from Hwy 26--that area of Colleyville is still more rural--fewer subdivisions and more of the larger lot homes still around--older homes in that neighborhood so homes probably vary in how dated they are
sometimes traffic on those two lane roads can be heavier than you might think and it is not that easy to get to other areas because not all streets are through streets for N/S or E/W

Windview is across Cheek Sparger from where I lived in Bedford--nice neighborhood--older homes but neighborhood has kept property values up I think--mature trees are nice--some of the lots are nice size and some are kind of small--
there is lot of change in elevation in that neighborhood so lots/houses are staggered from street to street--that area is kind of forgotten since it is so far from Hwy 26 and the Colleyville center
Cheek Sparger is very busy road and there are no lights along that stretch so getting in/out can be hassle at times
but easy to get to DFW or 121
or even up to Southlake using Central/Pool/Jackson Rd
there is section of Little Bear Creek that runs along Cheek Sparger and might have channel in Windview--don't know that there was any flooding there several years ago when we had such heavy rain during June...

I think you are going to find more long-time residents in those two neighborhoods vs more transfer from out of state just because they are less expensive and less new--
people in Colleyville are just like anywhere else
some of them are going to be friendly and some not
most of them are just busy with their own lives

Old 04-12-2012, 02:16 PM

16 posts, read 29,289 times
My family and I live in Colleyville. The public schools were one of the things that attracted us to the area. We live on the east side closer to 121 and we love the convenience of getting to a lot of different places in the metroplex quickly with our access to the freeway.

We also like the option of going up Pool/Jackson to get to Southlake to avoid the freeway mess in Grapevine.

Just like loves2read said, people are people. My wife and I are definitely not "typical" either. We both grew up in different parts of rural TN. I come from a very small town. I think the people here are friendly enough.

loves2read, we are practically neighbors.

Old 04-12-2012, 09:01 PM

yep--
do you prefer MooYah's burgers or Chaps?
and have you tried the new restaurant on Hwy 26 just south of CheekSparger that used to be Italian and went to British Pub?

Old 04-13-2012, 12:07 PM

13,180 posts, read 13,738,698 times
I actually was out at Parr Park one day and there was a group of home schooled kids meeting for a play date there. For men, Colleyville has a great cigar store, with a bar in the back room that has live Jazz and also Hall's country store that has been in this same spot for 30 years at least has a great selection of beer and wine. Two mild vices Southlake lacks.

Old 04-13-2012, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
yep--
do you prefer MooYah's burgers or Chaps?
and have you tried the new restaurant on Hwy 26 just south of CheekSparger that used to be Italian and went to British Pub?
both are a good burger. MooYah at 121 is a bit closer to the house and very kid friendly (I have 3 little ones). Chapps is closer to work and I go there occasionally.

The new In and Out burger off of Precinct line is also very close to where I work, but I have not given it a shot yet. I wonder if it is a case of the hype being more than is deserved. I am trying to eat healthier lately, so it will probably be a while before I check it out.

I have not tried the British Pub, but I drive by it daily and think it would be fun to give a try. I prefer darker, stronger beer. Newcastle Brown Ale is my go to.

Old 04-13-2012, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
I actually was out at Parr Park one day and there was a group of home schooled kids meeting for a play date there. For men, Colleyville has a great cigar store, with a bar in the back room that has live Jazz and also Hall's country store that has been in this same spot for 30 years at least has a great selection of beer and wine. Two mild vices Southlake lacks.
Where is this cigar store with Jazz? I have lived here for 6 years now, but still feel like a clueless newbie sometimes.

Old 04-13-2012, 02:12 PM

don't know about the cigar store but would venture that it was in Town Center

I think the British Pub has Newcastle on draft

Old 04-13-2012, 02:16 PM

10,544 posts, read 22,439,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuidStuprum View Post
Where is this cigar store with Jazz? I have lived here for 6 years now, but still feel like a clueless newbie sometimes.
Town and Country Cigars of Euless

My husband is a member here. It's by the Whataburger on Glade at 121.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth