U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-21-2012, 10:55 PM

242 posts, read 224,537 times

Advertisements

So we really like Woodhaven, but last time we looked in that area, about 4 years ago, there was a lot that we didn't like. I read that a lot of the apartments were going to be demolished in an effort to deconcentrate poverty and crime, but don't know if this actually happened. Also saw a plan by Gideon Toal that showed nature trails, bike baths, a new gate, a town center and upgraded shopping. Anyone know if this ever came to pass? Or if it's going to happen? Would particularly appreciate the input of people who actually live there. I see homes come up for sale, and sell quickly, so the market in the golf course area seems to be robust. But don't know if it's a good place to move a wife and two small girls. It didn't seem like that was a good idea a few years ago. But is it today? Is it getting better, and what does the future hold?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2013, 02:47 PM

3 posts, read 3,234 times
Default My Favorite area of Woodhaven is by St Thomas Apostle church

but i grew up on 97th St 11421 zip, we were about 5 units down from the church there i think was called St Thomas of Apostle, I loved the area i am still a teen and i fit right in, i lived in a kinda fosterhome my dad died so i was fostered by his cousin who was part owner of an italian resturante. I liked Ozone park because people pretty much got along there but maybe too since my whole blood family grew up on these units by the church, i never had a problem with any gang associations, they left me alone, but yeah ya hadda kinda stay within a block of home but i was a kid then. Just dont carry crap in your pockets and you dont have to worry about night time stuff, as a girl you always go out with an older 30-35 year old Male who is good at social interactions, thats my opinion growing up there. What Say You?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth