Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2012, 07:05 AM

40,952 posts, read 49,155,879 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirl View Post
I used to commute Mansfield to Las Colinas daily for work. Such a miserable commute....and Ididn't have the extra element of 3 kids to deal with. I moved to Irving. Kennedale would be a worse commute than Mansfield and southwest Arlington, too..
Over the years, most people would not buy in Mansfield and work in Irving / Las Colinas. Lately I've been doing more with buyers near Joe Pool Lake.

As soon as George Bush Toll Rd is complete to I-20 it will be a much easier commute and cut the commute by half.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2012, 07:13 AM

3,309 posts, read 5,770,375 times
As Christie said, south Arlington would work. So since the Irving situation came into the equation, I would look at it as well as Kennedale and Mansfield.

Old 05-08-2012, 07:50 AM

295 posts, read 948,939 times
To the OP, it could be that you can do that drive and I would understand why you'd rather live in Colleyville than Mansfield or Burleson. Besides the school advantage, living in Colleyville would not isolate you to the south of Fort Worth, where you know that if you're presented with another job you will almost for sure will have to move. The advantage of a place like Colleyville is that it locates you not only in a very desirable community but also geographically speaking, you would have far more options job-wise without having to move in the future.

Old 05-08-2012, 03:19 PM

4 posts, read 5,767 times
jcamber:

u just read our mind! but, after reading all the comments(traffic, gas, road work, etc!), we r just confused about colleyville or even kennedale.

Rakin:

what is "George Bush Toll Rd is complete to I-20" - could u explain this new route please?

thank u guys!

Old 05-08-2012, 03:50 PM

690 posts, read 1,728,588 times
I thought the George Bush Tollway is was open to I-20 now over a month ago.
That is by Carrier Parkway and I-20.

TexasFreeway > Dallas/Fort Worth > Photo Gallery > SH190, President George Bush Turnpike

Old 05-08-2012, 08:04 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,155,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyJoe817 View Post
I thought the George Bush Tollway is was open to I-20 now over a month ago.
That is by Carrier Parkway and I-20.

TexasFreeway > Dallas/Fort Worth > Photo Gallery > SH190, President George Bush Turnpike
It is open from Irving to I-30 near Cowboys stadium but the stretch from I-30 to I-20 is under construction. I would think it will be open within the next 1-2 years.

Looks like last part of 2012

Quote:
President George Bush Turnpike Western Extension: Full Steam Ahead
Construction activity will accelerate in 2012 in all areas of Phase 4 of the Western Extension as crews move full steam ahead on bridge work and excavation. On the north end of the project, bridge columns continue to be placed along Interstate 30, which will serve the direct connector ramp joining southbound PGBT Western Extension to eastbound I-30. In addition, bridge deck panels placed at Dickey Road will be part of the future Western Extension main lanes. The Tarrant Road cross-street bridge under construction since May opened to traffic in November. Phase 4 of the Western Extension is anticipated to open in the fourth quarter of 2012.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth