Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2013, 03:58 PM

1 posts, read 1,133 times

Advertisements

Myers Meadow is a nice family friendly neighborhood. While it is true that Myers Meadow is not near as costly as many other homes in upscale Southlake, the neighborhood generally has homes priced in the $400,000 range with some going into the $500,000 range which is still substantial. Neighbors take pride in their surroundings. Our neighborhood is part of the exemplary Carroll ISD. The community boasts two large ponds, nature trails, two tennis courts and two playgrounds. There is a total of 22 open manicured acres for neighbors to enjoy. Our neighborhood consists of 268 homes built in three phases. Our neighborhood enjoys community social activities such as egg hunts at Easter, Fourth of July celebrations, Fall Festivals, end-of -the school year parties for children, Bunco, book clubs etc. We have NO carports in our neighborhood, and do not convert garages into family rooms. Our dues are slightly less that $700.00 per year. The board establishes an ACC committee to review and approve or deny any changes to the structure and appearance of homes in our neighborhood. We also have a paid manager to oversee and uphold the covenants set forth for our neighborhood. Almost all of the homes in this neighborhood have three substantial living areas already. Our neighborhood has a landscape company maintain the common grounds. Many of the homes in Myers Meadow have granite counter tops, hardwood floors, pools, crown moulding etc. It does not sound like Myers Meadow or Southlake are the place for you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2016, 07:03 PM

1 posts, read 634 times
This thread is older...we're considering a home in this neighborhood. Is there a stigma? Is it better to look deeper in Southlake?

Old 12-10-2016, 01:01 PM

2,885 posts, read 4,645,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CescaG View Post
This thread is older...we're considering a home in this neighborhood. Is there a stigma? Is it better to look deeper in Southlake?
I know this thread started as an ancient one (and as an FYI, it's probably better to start a new one rather than tack on to a very old one, as people might miss that the earliest posts are from years ago), but you and several others have been inquiring about Myers Meadow recently, so...

Myers Meadow is fine. It's one of the "least expensive" areas in Southlake, but it's IN SOUTHLAKE! It's like complaining that your prime porterhouse steak wasn't quite the largest or juiciest or something. Myers Meadow won't have the resale value of some other parts of Southlake, but it doesn't now. I have no idea if overall price appreciation from current values will be more or less than SL on average.

The subdivision is very convenient to Carroll Senior High School as it's kitty-corner to it, but somewhat inconvenient to many other parts of Southlake, and is a bit further from Rt. 114 than you'd prefer for long commutes to Dallas or Fort Worth. The homes there are tract homes and the lots are somewhat smaller overall, but then a lot of the new developments going up in SL will have the same "complaints" in ten years (and heck, "small lot relative to house" is a common issue throughout DFW). I'm sure there will be some people in Southlake who will look down their noses at you if you live there, but those are people who will find reasons to do that no matter where you live, what you drive, what you wear, etc.

Myers Meadow is within the Carroll ISD feeder zone, so you won't have to "opt-in" to Carroll schools, unlike some parts of Southlake (west of Davis Blvd., IIRC, and far north where houses are in Denton county rather than Tarrant).

As with everything, it's all about finding the best fit for you that is in your price range. I have no idea if Myers Meadow is best, or if some other SL subdivision might work, or if you'd be better served looking in Grapevine, Colleyville or Keller. None of these are bad choices. I personally would put Keller below the others, but that's just my preference.

Good luck in your house search!

Old 12-20-2016, 09:26 AM

49 posts, read 68,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CescaG View Post
Here is a post I started in Dallas forum. I didn't know there was a Fort Worth Forum at the time.

I think the dallas forum gets way more traffic than Fort Worth FWIW.

//www.city-data.com/forum/dalla...ad-people.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth