Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2007, 02:18 PM

1,379 posts, read 6,404,546 times

Advertisements

Wow!!! You are brave!! Kudos to you for being able to come and do it in one shot. Someone has been watching House Hunters .

Different houses have different storages. What I have found is that in most homes that we looked at if they were custom they seemed to have more storage. Also a lot of people store a bunch in the attic here.

Welcome to Texas!! I am sure you will really enjoy it here!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2007, 05:37 PM

3,041 posts, read 11,841,453 times
Thanks!

Brave really had nothing to do with it. we are on govt orders have 90 days to move a 10day house hunting trip etc... We have 3 school age kids 13,10,7 so renting for awhile to find the "right area" etc... would mean another move and possibly ANOTHER school change for them. SO we just did loads of on line reseach and then hit it hard for 3 days then did our 2nd looks etc.. (day one...30 houses! exhausting!)

Old 10-11-2007, 05:54 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,496,953 times
5STONES
I think that is nice part of Keller--FYI--the whole food market is not that far from where you are if you are into organic...there is pretty good local/long time BBQ place off Smithfield by the RR tracks in NRH that is pretty easy to get to--but sometimes it is pretty messy...
Get the FTW paper and pay for a year or 6 mo at once to get Press Pass--you can go to movies some days in certain theaters for half price and get discounts in lots of restaurants in Tarrant county with it--can get discount tickets to Bass Hall performances as well sometimes...we use ours a lot...

If you like Vietnamese food there is new restaurant off Bourland Rd and 1709--which is not that far north of you--we have eaten there 2-3 times and enjoyed it...

hope your kids like their schools...
just a nudge to register to vote as well...

Old 01-15-2008, 10:31 PM

49 posts, read 137,696 times
We have a similar price range & have decided on Keller as well. Wanted to know if you are happy there? I have a 3 year old & 10 month old. Are your kids liking it?

Old 01-16-2008, 09:51 AM

we do like it and for the price I feel we did very well. Are there other areas I like better ? yes, but financially for us this was the best fit ofr our budget and husbands commute.

Kids are adjusting very well.
The Middle school so far has been a good fit for my 13 year old and she being challenged with all pre AP classes. We were a bit concerned comming from Northren Va...as the schools are top notch. But she is doing fine. she was ahead in a few classes, but also the Algebra is proving to be quite challenging.

The intermediate school (South Keller)could be improved upon with new student aclimation, but she is comming along now and getting to know some kids and getting the hang of things. I feel like she was just kind thrown in with out alot of guidance.

VERY happy with the Elementary school (willis lane)

I really like our neighborhood and the area has everything you need as far a shopping/dining.

Old 01-19-2008, 08:25 AM

1 posts, read 2,236 times
I've been looking at the discussion threads on Keller the last few weeks, and now we are in town doing our house hunting trip. My husband and I are relocating here from Houston - no kids yet, but we do have an eye on the schools for future kids (knowing that school boundaries are constantly in flux). We're looking in the $250-$300K range.

We'd really prefer to live in Keller proper (it just has a nice feel), but we did find some pre-owned homes we liked in Kingsridge in Fort Worth (right next to Freedom elementary) that are on 1/4 acre lots. We've ruled out the rest of Fort Worth neighborhoods - Woodland Springs, Crawford Farms, Heritage. In Keller, we've seen some homes in Flannigan Hill that are a possibility, but I'm a little concerned about the back yards being on the small side. Any advice or thoughts on Kingsridge, Fort Worth and Flannigan Hill, Keller? Also, what about Willis Coves in Keller? We like the large lot sizes there and spacious feel of the neighborhood, and have some homes to look at in there.

Thanks!

Old 01-22-2008, 11:18 AM

I love willis cove and if the house we bought didn't go through two of our fall backs were in that neighborhood. nice size yards and it's established and just has a nice feel to it. schools are willis lane elem, south keller intermed, and indian springs middle ( I have kids in each and have been happy so far) the HS was Keller HS but I believe that now willis cove has be re-zoned for central HS.

Flanigan hill...we looked there. nice houses but yards are SMALL. and that corner of bare land will be sold commercial. so your house that backs up to a field now could be agas station or strip mall. some houses back righ up to ruffe snow and North Tarrent both busy roads.
I didn't like how it didn't have a "neighborhood feel" to it like willis cove, kinda like they just plopped some houses down, in a commercial area.

Old 01-22-2008, 05:37 PM

301 posts, read 1,058,803 times
Where is Willis cove? We are also in Keller, but I am not famailiar with where that neighborhood is. We've been looking at houses and really like Heatherwood Estates, Saddlebrook and Hidden Lakes. Any thoughts on those?

Old 01-23-2008, 04:37 PM

those are all nice Hidden lakes is more expensive. Willis cove is off of willis lane (across from willis lane elem) south of Rapp road. (behind Heatherwood) Chase oaks is in htere too as well as carriage hill(?).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth