U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2012, 04:27 AM

5 posts, read 6,831 times

Advertisements

Hi, thanks for your reply; any more info about Heritage would be wonderful. We're in touch with some realtors regarding rentals and will hopefully view some properties when we visit in a few weeks' time. I'll be sure to pack a high factor sunscreen, as you're right, we don't really do summer in the UK!!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2012, 06:51 PM

234 posts, read 212,945 times
Oh, you poor souls! I would never leave England for the U.S., and before anyone criticises me for saying that, I am a U.S. national.

If you are going to work in White Settlement, and if you have a sufficient budget, I should think you would prefer to live in the nice section of Arlington Heights (north side of I30), or perhaps off of Forest Park and around the university. There is good housing to be found around Bryant Irvin south of 820, but it would be a longer commute due to traffic not actual miles. Keller is very nice, but who would want to drive that much each day??? Personally, if I had children, I would simply choose the best location for my job that was also safe and well maintained, and I would enrol the children in private schools (you call them public schools in England). Our public schools (your Comprehensive Schools) are AWFUL, AWFUL, AWFUL in every way you can think of. Do not subject your children to them. Your Comprehensive Schools, by comparison to our public schools, are sophisticated and privileged.

By the way, White Settlement is...how should I say this...not upmarket.

Old 05-07-2013, 09:10 AM

440 posts, read 761,172 times
Ignore the "limey" comments-Your kids will do fine in Keller schools....We have had experience with both UK and MA and TX school systems ... You will find quite a few of your countrymen here working and living in the area as well as many others from different areas of the world. If you miss some of your Uk favorite foods you'll find a nice little store in Grapevine "British Emporium" that has a good supply of goodies-it's always busy so you can gather have many ex pats are here. If your family is into sports soccer is big here and you can even find the odd game of cricket around the place if that's your thing.... Probably will get asked a million times about your accent and will be told about how someone they know visited/lived in the UK-but only because people are curious...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth