Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2007, 08:59 PM

206 posts, read 529,010 times

Advertisements

We are a family of eight looking to move to the Fort Worth area.We need feedback on the Eagle Mountain/Saginaw area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2007, 11:35 AM

1,379 posts, read 6,425,635 times
Well can you be a little more specific with your questions? My Mom lives in Saginaw and we have lived in the area a little under a year, so we have the perspective of always searching for things .

A little background from my impressions. Saginaw is a blue collar town with very friendly hard working people. It is a train town and a lot of industrial businesses. The trains run through town as it is the BNSF major hub, so if you need to get across town understand that you might be sitting for a few minutes by a train.

Main Street has all of the businesses that you would need. Lots of retail, Albertson's, gas stations, Super Walmart, Blockbuster, restaurants, fast food etc.

There are older homes and cute neighborhoods. There are other parts of Saginaw, closer to 35W that are part of a master planned community, Creekwood.

Eagle Mountain is more resortish. There are some really pretty older homes with big trees on the water that are gorgeous and there is land available to build pretty much everywhere.

Old 09-30-2007, 01:38 PM

Default Thanks a lot!

You just answered most of my questions in a nut shell.We think our family would be interested in the neighborhood near 35W due to the fact we have family in Allen,Tx. We would want to be as close to the I35W as possible. Are the Schools very diverse. We have six kids,but three that attend public schools ages 16,12,6?

Old 09-30-2007, 02:31 PM

Actually on that corridor (35W North of Fort Worth) there are three Independent School Districts. Saginaw-Eagle Mountain, Northwest ISD and Keller ISD.

Allen is still a pretty good clip still.

Old 10-09-2007, 10:31 PM

8 posts, read 60,459 times
We live five miles from I 35. We are less than one mile from all three schools near Blue Mound Rd. ( Saginaw High, Highland Elem. and High Country). We are in the Highland Station neighborhood. We are a family of four and have lived here for almost three years. It is a small town but we really like it. We are moving soon (military). We have found the schools to be fairly diverse. The teachers at the high school seem to really care about our kids and have been wonderful to our family. Are there any specific questions you have?

Old 10-11-2007, 04:06 PM

Default I would like to thank you Khill

I did somemore research on the internet recently.We made a decision to move to the Crowley area. Thanks Again

Old 10-12-2007, 08:19 AM

5,412 posts, read 15,920,793 times
I live between Lake Worth and Saginaw and think well of it. It's a little far from the malls, but they're building up Azle Ave. and Jacksboro Hwy in terms of constructing new stores. I heard the schools are good for the Eagle Mtn. ISD, but I can't speak from personal exp. since I have no kids. Speaking of which, 6 kids, damn! Good luck on the big move to Crowley w/ such a big family.

Old 10-12-2007, 05:01 PM

Default Crowley ISD

You may have misunderstood what we meant by Crowley. I was speaking of Fort Worth area,but in Crowley ISD. By the way does much smaller families move to certain parts of Texas.

Old 12-16-2007, 02:01 AM

4 posts, read 14,489 times
Default Eagle Mtn.

Hey ya'll! I finally found the thread for this area! took a while!
One quick question, looking at the maps and reading the answers here creates a very relaxing (maybe isolated) image of Eagle Mountain. I'm looking into relocating to Fort Worth and E.M. sounds nice. Would you say though that it is "in the middle of nowhere" so to speak or are there your regular stores, malls, gas stations, that whole deal?
And how far is it from downtoan FW? thanks a lot guys, I must say this forum is very helpful for people like me... see ya around maybe!

Old 12-16-2007, 03:24 AM

Eagle Mountain is beautiful and big . There are little restraurants (mom and pops), cleaners, gas stations and churches off of Boat Club, but for any significant retail, you would drive into Lake Worth, which would be about 10 mins or so. I am thinking in particular some of the developments on the south east portion of the lake.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth