Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2008, 03:50 PM

212 posts, read 572,897 times

Advertisements

crimeis everywhere. i park in the garage i live on mayberry so that part is a little bit newer but i guess the street ilive on just hasnt had that problem yet i guess. o and i wasnt trying to bash you to each there own
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2008, 03:55 PM

3,855 posts, read 13,266,248 times
Generally we do park in the garage but we were doing some work in the garage at the time and could not park there for a couple of weeks. That's when we got hit.

But, you're parking in the garage and I advise you to continue to do that.

Old 05-09-2008, 09:38 AM

1 posts, read 3,351 times
I'm a first-time homeowner in Poynter Crossing and haven't regretted my decision at all. I'm a single mother of 2 and have never felt the need to be more vigilant here than any other area that I've visited or lived. I do feel as though there are some exaggerations on this post regarding the area as EVERY neighborhood regardless of the ethnic makeup has problems. The best way to reduce crime is getting to know neighbors and making sure that you look out for each other. I guarantee that there are more honest and hard-working people in comparison to the hoodlums. There are several discussions about it being an awful area, but what solutions are there? Step out on faith and meet neighbors, attend hoa meetings, get to know city council members as well as police officers and voice concerns to them. These homes weren't given to any of us and therefore we've all made a very large investment and need to "fight" for our investments. I don't mean to preach but there's no point in discussing how horrible the neighborhood is on the internet because that's not going to change anything. Ask yourself, do I report suspicious activity to the police or do i say, "That has nothing to do with me." I love the area and love my neighbors and am willing to do what it takes to ensure that my family continues to have a safe area to call home.

Old 02-16-2009, 07:31 PM

3 posts, read 7,492 times
Hello All, This is so funny to me, reading all the comments. Every neighborhood has there own share of problems, the big fancy ones with the gates to the project ones. I believe you must be mindful of all your areas you are in daily not just home. Yes, we should be able to relax in our homes but sometimes that's not possible. I have lived in the Poynter Crossing Sub since 2003 and yes there has been problems (normal) in the area. I will admit more activity in the Fox Run area though. I believe there's a big diverse of people and blacks may be the majority.The school district is pretty nice too even though I believe it has dropped some from the beginning of us moving here as well. But my child is an "honor roll student" and I make sure I know her friends and what she's doing. I love my Fox and Jacob home. I watched it being built from the dirt it sit on. Awesome experiment. I know this area is one of the best regarding crime at this time. I'm very involved with my area as well the police department data regarding the crime rate. Yes, there's been break in of cars and some homes but we all need to check out our daily surroundings. As far as the Wal-mart comment, that's really funny. The only problem I see with that place is the cleanliness and the crowd. I do prefer to go to Hulen base on this but lets not forget,that area has alot of crime in it from the mall to the restuarant. walmart do have some security on the grounds, though. And if you see a cop at a walmart dont look at it being negative, that's a positive.

Last edited by brownie03; 02-16-2009 at 07:38 PM.. Reason: clarification

Old 02-16-2009, 10:14 PM

27 posts, read 97,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownie03 View Post
And if you see a cop at a walmart dont look at it being negative, that's a positive.
My impression is, if there is a cop, usually there is a reason why he/she is there.

Old 09-07-2011, 04:37 PM

1 posts, read 2,225 times
Post good ridence you are exactly what wrong with this area anyway above that America you think this neighbor hood is bad mos

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryann1804 View Post
don't move anywhere near this area. We recently (six months ago) moved out of Summer Creek. We moved in June 2006. This area has taken a dive very fast. How do I say this nicely, the Katrina victims that left, all migrated to this area. That's when things got very bad. The bad element moved in and ruined the whole damn place. We put our house on the market six months after moving in. Thanks to a VERY aggresive realtor we got the hell out of there and moved back to NY. She has since told us that we are very lucky to be out of there. Nothing is selling and one of the reasons is due to the reputation of these neighborhoods. Its a real damn shame what these people are doing to the area. We had a beautiful house in a beautiful neighborhood, unfortunately you could not go out of the development. Trying to shop at the walmart at McCart was like gambling with your life. Always looking over my shoulder in that store. I would advise any one to stay far away from this area. If you are a white family thinking of moving in, you will be a minority there. Moving to Texas was a nightmare. It isn't getting any better. My realtor lives in a beautiful development off of Risinger, there are multiple break ins happening. Do not consider this area, no matter how good the housing deals may sound. There is a reason for this. Sorry to be so brutally honest, but I wished I would have known before moving there and losing over $15k just to get the hell out of there. Avoid this part of Fort Worth like the plague!
good ridence you are exactly whats wrong with this community anyway I hope you are force to leave everything you know to move somewhere you didn't move want to . but you have immenant domain on your side!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 09-07-2011, 06:28 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,854,747 times
and your reaction is two years late--
what is the point?

Old 11-02-2012, 10:56 AM

3,855 posts, read 13,266,248 times
4 years later...still happy as a clam that I got out of there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth