U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-03-2012, 11:39 AM

39 posts, read 67,989 times

Advertisements

Hi All,

First off thanks to all the posters who are giving out all this useful information here. I have learnt quite a bit about the DFW metroplex. I will be moving to Fort Worth From NY sometime around October/November this year. My better half will join me early Jan next year.

My work location will be in the Alliance Gateway area(zip code:-76177). We plan to rent initially. What makes our situation a little challenging, is that my wife does not know yet, if she will be allowed to take her job with her. And chances are i will move, before she gets to know that. To be on the safe side, she has started looking for jobs in the DFW area and as per our search, we see openings for her mostly in the suburbs of Dallas like Plano,Addison etc but there is always an element of the unknown. So we will initially sign a short term lease, keeping in mind that we might need to move again to an apartment closer to her work location if needed. Also Keeping in mind, the extended driving times owing to construction activities, how far off east from 76177, can i look for an apartment to rent?

A safe location and a diverse neighborhood are of importance . I should also mention, that we are Indian by origin. And an Indian grocery store in driving distance will seal the deal for me. I am looking to spend up to 1500$ or less for a 2 bedroom apt.

Company is not paying for the move, so i am trying to see if i can make the move as efficient as possible.I will be reaching out with requests for more information as my discovery phase progresses

Thanks,
ZZ
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2012, 01:24 PM

269 posts, read 494,330 times
You've just asked a barrel of questions in your 1st post!

Firstly, Alliance Gateway is very end of North Fort Worth, right next to the Texas Motor Speedway. Addison and Plano are about 50 miles away from this area. So you're going to have to decide where you want to stay before we can give you more advice.

Irving/ Las Colinas and Coppell areas look like the best bet if you're looking for an environment where there are Indian stores, I might add that these areas are about 30+ miles from Alliance Gateway too.

There are some Indian stores in Fort Worth and in Arlington as well which are closer than the areas mentioned above.

Based on your criteria, I'd suggest looking at Grapevine. Great city, close to Alliance Gateway as well as close to Irving and Las Colinas, and your wife might be able to find jobs closer to Plano and Addison rather than having to go all the way there to work.

Old 08-03-2012, 01:39 PM

Thanks for the quick post Babs. I was coming back to this window every few minutes, to see if i got a response
Thanks for the pointers. I did notice that Alliance gateway is on the far north end of Fort Worth. I was initially looking at Coppell, but the distance was kind of a concern. I will start researching Grapevine. You have given me an assignment for the weekend now

Old 08-03-2012, 06:32 PM

10,611 posts, read 22,599,503 times
Grapevine will definitely work for the logistics, especially since Southlake has no apartments, and TrophyClub has very few. The only downside to Grapevine is that it doesn't really fit your "diverse" requirement. Be careful with some of the apartments; don't rent anything on or near Mustang Drive.

Old 08-03-2012, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristieP View Post
Grapevine will definitely work for the logistics, especially since Southlake has no apartments, and TrophyClub has very few. The only downside to Grapevine is that it doesn't really fit your "diverse" requirement. Be careful with some of the apartments; don't rent anything on or near Mustang Drive.
Thanks for the note about Mustang Drive. I will keep that in mind
-ZZ

Old 08-04-2012, 10:49 PM

290 posts, read 554,062 times
I don't know what your wife does for a living but if there are jobs in her field in Plano and Addison then there should be jobs for her in the Ft Worth are too, no?

Old 08-05-2012, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanwood View Post
I don't know what your wife does for a living but if there are jobs in her field in Plano and Addison then there should be jobs for her in the Ft Worth are too, no?
Good question. She is into IT, working as a Health Care Systems Integration Analyst. Medical Centers , and large hospitals requiring IT systems integration are potential employers. During a random search on the internet, we found such openings in Plano, and Addison. She is open to pursuing an opportunity for herself in Ft Worth, if she comes across any.

Old 08-05-2012, 04:50 PM

10,611 posts, read 22,599,503 times
There are several big hospitals near Grapevine:
Baylor Grapevine
Baylor Irving
Texas Health Resources HEB
Texas Health Resources Flower Mound
Texas Health Resources Alliance (opens soon)

Driving from Grapevine to Plano every day would be an awful commute, and the tolls would get quite expensive.

Old 08-05-2012, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristieP View Post
There are several big hospitals near Grapevine:
Baylor Grapevine
Baylor Irving
Texas Health Resources HEB
Texas Health Resources Flower Mound
Texas Health Resources Alliance (opens soon)

Driving from Grapevine to Plano every day would be an awful commute, and the tolls would get quite expensive.
Yes, Texas Health Resources was one of the Health Systems we were looking it. Did not know they were having a facility opening in the Alliance area. That's good information.Thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth