U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-04-2007, 02:42 PM

75 posts, read 311,812 times

Advertisements

Hello All,

We are relocating to the DFW area in the next 30 - 60 days. My husband has accepted a position with a company in the Irving area. Can someone please tell me a rush hour drive time from Haslet to Irving (zip code 75038). I am assuming that we will want to live on the Fort Worth side of things so he does not have to go through Dallas traffic to get to Irving.

Also I have heard from friends who have lived in the area that north is better then south. As far as quality of life, crime, and schools. Are most south of Fort Worth communities on the rough side? Please don't jump on me....I've read most of the threads for the last few months and just want to confirm.

Thank you for your help....
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2007, 03:15 PM

1,379 posts, read 6,048,535 times
Hiya - I can only tell you from my experience from driving from the Haslet area to DFW to the Irving area during some commute times. The drive alone is going to be faster going from North Fort Worth area to Irving using 114 or 170 over to 635 or that general area rather than going from South Fort Worth.

The rough parts are primarily east of Fort Worth within the 820 Loop. There are some very very nice parts of Fort Worth on the west and south side of the city. My problem would be I wouldn't want the commute from West or South to Irving. It would probably take an hour each way.

You also want to be careful on the North Side of Fort Worth directly and primarily north of the Stockyards up to the 820 Loop because they have had gang problems that they are working on curbing.

They are building all over, but I have primarily concentrated on North Fort Worth and there is quite a bit of new construction and growth out in the Alliance corridor.

Old 10-04-2007, 03:32 PM

75 posts, read 311,812 times
Thanks guingirl....so what would an estimate be for the drive time from haslet to irving? What are your thoughts on Haslet? I know everyone is really into southlake, grapevine, and flower mound, but I would like a little more land with the house that we will be buying. Is haslet to far out? I tried to look at the city webpage not very helpful. We currently live in a sub. of Seattle.

Old 10-04-2007, 04:44 PM

1,379 posts, read 6,048,535 times
In 1997, there was 395 people in Haslet It is obviously growing!! Haslet, Fort Worth and Unincorporated Fort Worth all kinda mesh together in the area.

The area is a fast growing area of the Alliance Corridor. There is a master planned community called Sendera along with larger ranch type communities with .5 acre+ properties such as Willow Springs, Spring Ranch, Haslet Heights, Newark Ranch, Vista Ranch and Van Zandt Farms. There are a few others. Some allow horses and some don't.

If you live in the Seattle area, you will be surprised what you get for the money down here.

I will pm you some mls listings so you can get an idea of the area and what you can get.

As far as the commute, it takes us about 30 mins to get from the Haslet area to DFW airport. They are working on extending 170 down so that it hits 35W so that would save some time as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth