Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2007, 09:32 AM

1,379 posts, read 6,426,066 times

Advertisements

Sorry Mimij that the area hasn't been a good experience for you. By the way, potstirers is a general euphamism for trouble maker. Anyway, neither here nor there, hopefully you will be able to get back to your "sanity" in LA.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2007, 02:56 PM

130 posts, read 348,189 times
Guingirl, I tried to send you a direct message. Hopefully you got it. I've never done that before on here. At any rate, thanks for the insight. The majority of posts that I've read on the whole North Texas area have been very positive and I have been researching this area for over a year. Plus we know people down there who moved from here and they seem to be very happy. As for my family, we cannot do anything until the house sells and the business is squared away. In the mean time I'll keep reading these posts. Thanks again.

Old 12-06-2007, 07:46 PM

53 posts, read 243,236 times
Wow, I would never have guessed that I live in the same community as the other poster. I am so sorry to hear such awful things have happened to you but I have a really hard time believing that those things are "normal" occurences in VOWS. I would definitely not call this area a "bad" part of town. Of course, I am sure there are a couple of "bad seeds" but I have yet to witness any kind of crime committed or unfriendly neighbors. I would say most VOWS residents are normal young families, mostly transplants, who all moved here for the same reason as us: A great place to raise a family

I am also disheartened to hear that you have witnessed racism. That makes me sad to hear but I'm guessing that ignorant people live everywhere, even in nice family-oriented, middle class communities. I have noticed that the area isn't too diverse but have never noticed anyone talk negatively or inappropriately . Granted, I have only been here a few months so far, but I love my daughter's school and the people we have met.

We are renting and probably plan on moving into Keller proper eventually , once we figure out exactly what neighborhood we would like to live in. But, I think VOWS is a great place to live and definitely an area where you get more house for your $, while at the same time having top notch schools and low crime.

I agree that the HOA has some ridiculous rules, but compared to back in Orange County, they are quite lenient

So again, I am so sorry to hear the things that have happened to you but I also think it's unfair to label an entire community

Old 12-10-2007, 08:52 AM

3,041 posts, read 11,887,311 times
I agree with the above poster.

We just moved to Keller and have only positive expirences thus far. Almost ALL our neighbors have come up and introduced themselves, a few brough cookies!! The schools are bigger than what we are used to but the transition has been smooth for the most part for all 3 of my girls. etc...

As for the break-in...sorry but that can happen ANYWHERE and in any neighborhood. There was just a shooting in North Richlands Hills this weekend, very nice neighborhood, very close to us. Alarming yes, but unfortunately it's everywhere. That must have been extremely frightening for your 13 year old. We just went over all the rules and alarm system with our Teenager.
hope you find happiness.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth