U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-09-2012, 11:39 AM

3 posts, read 4,082 times

Advertisements

I'm moving from West Texas and want to find a duplex for rent around Euless, Bedford, North Richland Hills. I now live in a duplex which is owned by an individual and would like to find the same situation. From what I've seen online it seems that duplexes are renting much cheaper than apartments. Does anyone have any suggestions in addition to Craigs list or know of an individual who has rental duplexes? Also, if I have to settle for an apartment, please tell me where NOT to go and any bad experience you've had with a specific apartment complex. I know nothing about the areas I'm looking for.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2012, 12:06 PM

10,572 posts, read 22,498,027 times
What's your budget?

Old 12-09-2012, 12:13 PM

6,955 posts, read 20,778,035 times
look on zillow for rentals

Old 12-10-2012, 06:03 PM

My budget is around $1050.00. I was able to find a couple online for $925 and $950. but they have already been leased and furthermore, I don't know about the neighborhood. It seems to me than duplexes are renting for less than apartments with about the same square footage.

Old 12-12-2012, 10:53 AM

RedRaider, can you please let me know why you suggested I stay away from duplexes? I'm not looking to live in Ft Worth; maybe Bedford, Euless, North Richland Hills. What about duplexes in those areas? Like I said I don't know much about Ft. Worth and the cities around there.

Old 12-12-2012, 11:18 AM

3,087 posts, read 6,982,012 times
While everything has it's advantages and disadvantages, some of the duplexes in NRH that I am familiar with seem to have a steady turnover in renters. I mean as in it seems that I see people moving out less than a year after I last saw someone moving in. Of course I don't know for sure, but it just seems that way.

Many of the duplexes, again in NRH, that I am aware of seem to house lower income families and aren't typically well kept. There is a section of them near 820 that we had seen advertised when we were looking to move and as soon as we saw them in person we shuddered and just kept on driving. lol

Apartments are a crap shoot and you just never know. My oldest daughter has lived in 3 different apartment complexes now (Bedford and Euless area) and has started out positively each time, but ends up wanting to move after 18 months to a year for various reasons. She would really like to move into a rental house, but couldn't quite swing that just yet.

My second oldest really liked her first apartment, but when rates went up substantially after 2 years decided to move. She's fine where she is, but not quite loving it. She's in NRH. While she could easily afford a rental house, she doesn't want to deal with all the upkeep. lol

I'd never choose anything but a house myself.

Old 12-12-2012, 11:52 AM

3 posts, read 4,468 times
I would stay away from duplexes bc they're mostly rundown and not in very nice areas for the most part and since you're looking at NRH, Euless or Bedford...I would pick NRH and try Regency at NRH and you can get more sq footage for your $.

Last edited by RedRaider05; 12-12-2012 at 12:06 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth