Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-31-2012, 06:32 AM

10 posts, read 31,994 times

Advertisements

We are currently zoned for Bette Perot elem, which is top-rated (greatschools.com)... my concern is that we are on the VERY far border of it, and if we were rezoned, I am worried we'd get fed into the school on the other side. Which is Heritage - not rated very well whatsoever. In anyone's opinion, what are the odds of this happening?
Also- does anyone have any thoughts on Bette Perot? I've only heard great things...

Also also! We have considered building a new home in the Northwest ISD area, not too far from where we are now, but I'm just torn on comparing the school districts. Of course the sales lady at the homesite says people def want Northwest ISD, but Keller does have a great reputation. Another prob w/the Northwest ISD is the middle school is somewhat far - almost 8 miles. And the high school is even further.

Sort of an unorganized post - sorry. Just wanting school district thoughts. Or recs on websites to get further info. Thanks!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2012, 09:47 AM

440 posts, read 867,303 times
Have you considered building closer to the NWISD schools-like Trophy Club or Roanoke-it would be closer to the middle schools-remember that the NWISD has just passed a bond to build/renovate/expand some schools as well around the district. From a quality point I think the schools in NWISD are great-we have been very happy with them-we are at the high school and elementary school level-we looked for a year before deciding on NWISD -keller had been on our list too-but we decided it just wasn't for us. You can arrange a visit to take a look at the schools and speak with staff if you think that would help.

Old 12-31-2012, 06:40 PM

10 posts, read 31,994 times
Can I ask why Keller ISD wasn't for you? Just curious..

Old 12-31-2012, 08:06 PM

440 posts, read 867,303 times
Smile Basically...

I just didn't "feel" it was right for us....we visited the schools and just felt that byron nelson High school and the elementary school was a better fit-smaller town-close environment where we could really get to know everyone-Keller just seemed too big-also at the time they were having budget issues/overides etc...Keller has good schools we just wanted something different from what they offered
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth