Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2013, 12:22 PM

6 posts, read 7,936 times

Advertisements

As for Bedford and Euless being family suburbs, I feel that fossil creek fits in that category as well. The difference being Euless is a tad closer to Dallas, making trips to uptown within that 30 min driving range. Irving (75038) right outside las colinas has older apts but some good reviews on apt ratings.com. If I had to narrow it by apt price location and review these two zip areas strike me as viable: 76039 and 75038. The grapevine apts look really nice but at that price id go with las colinas as its a better location for what im looking for. But honestly I dont want to go over my base rent of 800 some odd which is why im looking at older apts but well maintained and reviewed
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2013, 05:08 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,869,570 times
Surely there are some singles working at your job
ask them where they live
frankly I think downtown FTW or Hulen/Bryant Irwin area would be better than Mid Cities which has apts but is still mainly older, married demographics or older singles--divorced or whatever--
Grapevine does have those apts at end of Main St but there is no grocery within walking distance and the dining places can be pricy dining...

Old 02-10-2013, 08:48 AM

6,952 posts, read 22,688,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charpsp20 View Post
This is why I am saying the HEB area maybe the best option. im not sure where the younger crowd lives in this area though as it is a group of older towns. A coworker from las colinas actually has the about the same commute as I do except hes driving west into hurst rather than east. Heard that area is pricey though. My ideal scenario would be 10 min east of my work which would be put me about 20 min from uptown. Again Im just looking for an area thats not so family settled just yet with my condition that I need to be relatively near hurst. as for driving, ive come to the conclusion that almost anywhere takes about 30 mins so i getting use to living with that
Quite frankly, I would avoid apartments in zip 75038, especially those that are near Story Road, Finley, Beltline or Walnut Hill. Lots of issues around there.

I live in zip 75038 so I know the area very well. Stay focused on 75039 or 75063

Old 02-14-2013, 07:15 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,869,570 times
There are plenty of apts in the MidCities area and single or couples living in them--not every resident is married couple with 2.5 children...
but don't know how many of them are YOUNG people
check the demographic side of City Data where the breakdown of city populations is given and you will get better idea of who is living where

Old 02-16-2013, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
Surely there are some singles working at your job
ask them where they live
frankly I think downtown FTW or Hulen/Bryant Irwin area would be better than Mid Cities which has apts but is still mainly older, married demographics or older singles--divorced or whatever--
Grapevine does have those apts at end of Main St but there is no grocery within walking distance and the dining places can be pricy dining...
There are, but our depts are like 90% guys except for HR. I have asked around and we're all pretty much scattered on the map. Four coworkers I know live in this area, one near dt ft worth. But quite a few live east of hurst as well. Id say Id count 6 that around the midcities area, including bedford, euless, and arlington.

Not walking to the grocery doesnt bother me, I prefer driving anyways. DT fort worth is just too pricey to justify the cost especially when I still think the Dallas districts offer more. And again midcities are older demographics but the pro is being able to drive to the DFW event hotspots east or west within 30 min. Hulen is to far from work for my taste

Currently, I am now leaning to bedford/euless (76038) just because of proximity to work. Oakmont of Bear Creek is one the apts in the area and looks quite nice.

Old 02-16-2013, 11:50 AM

11,855 posts, read 26,876,979 times
That's a good area. You are right near the freeway for easy access, and there is a lot of shopping, restaurants, etc by close by. There are a lot of apartments, but they are quite safe and quiet. I've had several friends live in those areas and they never had problems with neighbors, noise, etc.

I completely agree that DT Fort Worth is too expensive. Those apartments cost as much as our mortgage payment on our house.

Walking to the grocery store is highly overrated, IMHO. A gallon of milk weighs 8 lbs!!! I would much rather just put groceries in my car!!

Old 02-16-2013, 03:42 PM

the other option to be superclose to work would be here: Apartments in Bedford Texas - Photo Gallery - Cantebria Crossing
havent seen this one in person yet, so im not sure if it can topple my good impression of bear creek

Old 02-16-2013, 04:13 PM

1,021 posts, read 1,316,643 times
I've never looked at them, but I always thought Cantebria Crossing looked pretty dumpy from the outside.

I lived in 2 apartment complexes in Bedford: Arbors on Forest Ridge (next to Bedford City Hall and a block or so over from the library) and Woodbridge (on Martin Dr. south of Harwood). Both were affordable, but high quality. Arbors was a little more expensive, but we definitely got better value (quiet, further from the freeway noise, gated).

Old 02-16-2013, 04:52 PM

11,855 posts, read 26,876,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charpsp20 View Post
the other option to be superclose to work would be here: Apartments in Bedford Texas - Photo Gallery - Cantebria Crossing
havent seen this one in person yet, so im not sure if it can topple my good impression of bear creek
Those are definitely old, and your utility bills will likely be higher. Also, that area is right in the middle of all of the construction on 183/121, and getting to work in Hurst is going to be a pain because do the traffic and detoured streets.

No matter where you are, ask if the complex accepts Section 8. If they say "yes," say "thank you" and walk out. You do not want to live in a complex that accepts Section 8.

Old 02-16-2013, 06:00 PM

6,952 posts, read 22,688,447 times
Bear Creek is a good area! Much better than Irving zip 75038 for sure Plus there's a nice park with walking trails that you can use right from the apartment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth