Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2013, 08:36 PM

6 posts, read 9,688 times

Advertisements

Ive read several thread similar to the one I'm about to post, but I didn't see much to answer my questions.

I have a possible opportunity to relocate to Ft Worth, near Meacham Airport. I would be looking for a rental house. No kids, do I don't care about school districts. Would prefer a newer home in amice neighborhood if my price range affords it, $1200 max. 2 bedroom + with a yard for my dog, fenced would be nice. I like the outdoors, so near a park to run and bike would be awesome. Also near a Crossfit or city or YMCA pool is a bonus.

I might commute on weekends to Houston (4 hours away I know) untily fiancé can find work in FTW/Dallas. Are there any nice neighborhoods central and or south FTW that fits my rental niche?

Looking to avoid the ghetto, need some help for possible neighborhoods to begin my search.

THANKS!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2013, 12:01 PM

Anyone? I will be going up there sometime next week and if offered I will most likely take this position.

Old 02-02-2013, 01:11 PM

Anyone have any reviews about Monterra Village they'd like to share?

Old 02-02-2013, 01:42 PM

11,819 posts, read 26,724,408 times
Meacham is in an odd part of Fort Worth. The area immediately south is mostly industrial, and then it gets into the Northside, which is BAD. I wouldn't recommend living there!

Look in Saginaw, which is just north of Meacham. It used to be a small railroad town, and now it is a typical suburb. You'd have a short commute to work, and finding a house in your price range shouldn't be difficult.

Unfortunately, living south of Fort Worth and driving north to Meacham isn't a good idea. TxDOT is about to reconstruct I35W from downtown to 820, which will last 4 years, and 820 itself is currently under construction, too. Add to that the fact that most of east Fort Worth (AKA "Stop Six") is quite sketchy.

Is Monterra Village an apartment complex?

Old 02-02-2013, 03:23 PM

Monterra is a townhone apartment home complex I found online. Home I've found mixed reviews so far and they are somewhat outdated more than a year or 2 old. I've lived in NYC, EL Paso, London and Houston. I'm used to all sorts of types of neighborhoods from city to country. Just looking for a nice-ish neighborhood, house or townhome. Something that is pet friendly for sure. Above that, as long as its not in a bad neighborhood I'm not too picky.

Old 02-02-2013, 05:50 PM

11,819 posts, read 26,724,408 times
That part of north Fort Worth is really nice.

BUT...

The traffic heading south in the mornings and north in the evenings is HORRIBLE!! Thanks to the available land up there, a ton of homes have been built, and the ONLY way to get south is 35w. So, it is a virtual parking lot during fish hours. Add to this the reconstruction on the 35W/820 interchange, and the mess is even worse. Sure, 157 is an alternative, but its a two-lane blacktop with a ton of traffic lights.

Short answer: if you can put up with the traffic, its a nice place.

Old 02-02-2013, 06:13 PM

Thanks for your advice! I definitely hate traffic so I will take that into consideration. I did some searching in Saginaw and saw some nice rentals in my price range. I will have to visit and check the area out soon!

Old 02-02-2013, 06:21 PM

540 posts, read 1,101,506 times
This may be a bit "out there", but maybe consider the Benbrook area. It may look like a long commute on the map, but you just jump on 820 all the way around...roughly 16 miles...but no dealing with I-35 or the I-35/820 intersection on the north side. In good traffic, google gives it a 17 minute drive. Now, I don't drive that in mornings, but since most people will be headed into downtown FW I can't imagine it would be too horrible.

Some newer and some slightly older homes. A big YMCA and biking and walking stuff around parts of Benbrook Lake.

Old 02-03-2013, 07:01 AM

Do you know how long a commute from Benbrook thru downtown continuing north to just outside Meachum would be aside from google maps? Is that with or against traffic? There is a good gym en route but I would have to cut across downtown FW if I wanted to go in the morning, 6am, before work.

Old 02-03-2013, 08:00 AM

540 posts, read 1,101,506 times
Hmm...Benbrook to downtown wouldn't necessarily be awful...particularly that early...but...as mentioned above, I35 is about to be under construction from downtown to I820N. Technically you would be going against traffic...sort of...but even so, that stretch is always busy.

I currently live to the west of FW though, so to be honest I don't have to deal with I35 thru town much these days so hard for me to say how much traffic that part of 35 carries in the morning.

Is they gym near downtown a must? As I mentioned, there is a YMCA in Benbrook (at Winscott/377) and other gyms in the area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth